Buds Customs 3" FOX PERFORMANCE SERIES KIT

Buds Customs 3" FOX PERFORMANCE SERIES KIT

Postby 300exc on Fri, 12 Feb 2016 7:10 +0000

G'day all, sory if this is in the wrong section but I feel like it's in the right spot. I've been checking out the 05-15 Hilux 3" FOX PERFORMANCE SERIES KIT from Buds Customs. I own a 2013 dual cab hilux, it has the steel Toyota bullbar and scrub rails on the front with plans for a winch in the future and on the back I have a steel tray that's fairly heavy, made from checker plate and 2.5mm 50x50rhs, in addition to the tray they're will often be my dog crate as well. The most of my driving is on road however through the year I do a few big trips like last year heading up the cape and NT as well as some weekend trips. I'm looking for a suspension kit that will handle the on road stuff comfortably and will soak up hours of corrugations however will handle some tough 4x4 tracks because I'll like to have fun too haha. I'm keen to have the best reliability I can and I don't mind paying for the best kit to suit my needs but I'm not sure which option to take. So far I've narrowed down to these options:

-3" FOX PERFORMANCE SERIES KIT from Buds Customs
-Rekon kit from Monster Rides (Not sure wether to set at 2 or 3inch to suit my application)
-Bilstein kit from Superior Engineering (Once again not sure of 2 or 3 inch)

I've heard good things about the rekon kit and bilstein shocks and the fox gear as well so it's making the decision harder. I'm happy to spend the money for a quality kit but I want to know I'm buying good quality and that It'll be reliable. If anyone could suggest what would suit my needs the best I'd love an opinion.

Happy Travels,

Risso
300exc

Re: Buds Customs 3" FOX PERFORMANCE SERIES KIT

Postby Runamuck on Sun, 19 Feb 2017 1:37 +0000

HI , I'm in the same boat looking to up grade from my 2'' tough dog . To a fox or MR just cannot decide any feed back would be good cheers
Runamuck

Re: Buds Customs 3" FOX PERFORMANCE SERIES KIT

Postby FAIL on Tue, 21 Feb 2017 8:28 +0000

I run Bilstein's and have done for years and have been really happy with them, my plan is to upgrade eventually to Icon's as after riding in a car with them they are magic but there are still way too many other things to spend money first and the Bilstein's are still going strong for now.

With the Fox, they really are nice but I didn't know they did a 3" for the N70 as they have never listed them on the website, only 2" so perhaps these are custom made for them?
FAIL

Return to Suspension