Yellow sticker - Need tyres

Need something to get you rolling?

Postby trevslux on Thu, 20 Sep 2007 3:58 +0000

I got pulled over last week for having 4 lights on my roll bar (also have 2 on the bull bar). I was told by the cop that you can only have 6 forward facing lights (including head lights), and they have to be in the front half of the car. Although annoyed, I kinda already knew that they were illegal, but had been through a dozen or more booze busses and past dozens cops and none had ever said anything.

So I took them off, then took my car over the East Perth pits. I was then issued with another yellow sticker for having my tyres 9mm too big!! How friggen petty are they going to be – its less than a centimeter!

I also got told that I need a permit for the Long Ranger fuel tank that I have fitted to my car. I told them that the tank is ADR compliant etc, and he said that I have to pay a ‘fee’ (I called it a bribe, but he laughed that off) to have a permit issued. I have never heard anything about this on any forums, nor told by ARB who installed the tank. So, if you have to take your car over the pits and you have a long range tank fitted, be aware that you will need the permit to get it passed (not very expensive, but a pain to organize).

They inspection guy was pretty nice about the whole thing, and suggested I try and borrow a set of tyres (originals are 255/70/15) from someone to do the next inspection. So I was wondering if anyone had their original tyres lying around that would suit a new model hilux, that I could borrow for a day or two? (I'm in Perth)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and may even earn you a carton of your favorite drink…

Thanks heaps

Travis
trevslux

Postby Macca on Thu, 20 Sep 2007 4:11 +0000

It seems these aftermarket sales people are not liable for the work they do, or they would have included the permit with the install and invoice. We believe their recommendation and too many times the forum here broadcasts the total lack of responsibility or misrepresentation of their product, be it legal or quality, Macca
Macca

Return to Tyres & Wheels