Looking for 15" LT's?

Need something to get you rolling?

Looking for 15" LT's?

Postby gtsteve on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 6:50 +0000

Just to help anyone looking for 15" LT's (LT255/70/15 in my case), 'c' is 'LT' in 15" size. 'c' or commercial is the same as LT or Light Truck. I have just gone through the process and learned a few things. 1. "search is your friend" was next to useless for me because most of those threads are too old, the new tyres perform differently to the old ones. 2. Most of the opinions are useless because there are always just as many people who hate a tyre as love it. For everyone who says that 'they are too noisy and slip in the wet" someone says "really quiet and grip like a cat on carpet". 3. Most of the tyre sellers don't know enough about their own products let alone the competition to give you good advice. 4. It takes hours and hours to search through old threads looking for that specific bit of info that you want and can't find when someone else knows and is happy to tell you - quickly. I'm sorry mods I am not trying to undermine the good work that you do to keep this site clear concise and helpful, it is just that sometimes when you want some info on a subject which has been done to death, particularly if it has been done to death, sometimes you still do need to ask again but in a relevant existing thread perhaps. But still before you do, search first - that is usually the quickest.
And one more thing I rang around half a dozen of the top tyre dealers in my area asking for LT255/70/15 A/T. and most said that they did not have any LT in that size in their lists. However when I settled on the Bridgestone Dueler D697 255/70/15c because that was the closest I could get, at home I read on the sidewall 'Light Truck'. So 'c' is commercial or light truck, same thing in 15" size. If I (and most of the sellers) had known that earlier, I would have had more to chose from and saved me lots of time. Anyway I am happy with them, to me they are quiet and grip better than the worn out H/T's anyway.
Last edited by gtsteve on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 11:55 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Steve & Liz

'09 SR5 Hilux diesel auto. Stanadyne primary fuel filter/water separator, Provent 200 oil/air separator, Rear camera, key/door buzzer killed, Long range fuel tank, Oil cooler and Snorkel.
gtsteve

Re: Looking for 15" LT's?

Postby Gipsy on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 10:07 +0000

gsteve, why not just google 15" LT255/70/15 and see what comes up? That's what I did and ended up with bridgestones at the best price... get the best price online and then check locally for a price-match... worked for me :D
Cheers Gipsy :D although I'm sure somebody will challenge that :lol: even Einstein wasn't certain of his theories.
My 2013 auto D4D DC SR5, prefilter, 3" exhaust and Chip with egt probe, stock SR5 rims with Toyo Open Country AT2 265/65R/17's
Gipsy

Postby gtsteve on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 11:52 +0000

Thanks Gipsy, actually I did/tried but not with the same success as you. It did work for me in the end but it was a long process. If I had realized that small c after the 15 equals uppercase LT before the 255 it would have been easier, because I was determined to get 'Light Truck', not knowing that in 15" they don't call them that or the ones that do have a low load rating. I went through scores of load rating threads too, to try to decide if less than 112 is legal. It does not help when several knowledgeable people on here whose opinions I respect have opposite points of view, and apparently sound arguments. Cost $219 each at Bridgestone Taren Point I was happy with that. I was surprised that a couple of shops did not call back after saying that they would, and that the prices varied by more than $50 per tyre. You have to shop around one way or the other.
Steve & Liz

'09 SR5 Hilux diesel auto. Stanadyne primary fuel filter/water separator, Provent 200 oil/air separator, Rear camera, key/door buzzer killed, Long range fuel tank, Oil cooler and Snorkel.
gtsteve

Postby Gipsy on Thu, 22 Oct 2015 7:13 +0000

sure do have to shop around... but the google suggestion is first call... just type in the tyre size (255/70/15) and you will see all the options. ;)
Cheers Gipsy :D although I'm sure somebody will challenge that :lol: even Einstein wasn't certain of his theories.
My 2013 auto D4D DC SR5, prefilter, 3" exhaust and Chip with egt probe, stock SR5 rims with Toyo Open Country AT2 265/65R/17's
Gipsy

Return to Tyres & Wheels