4WD Supacentre

News and discussions related to the Hilux brand

4WD Supacentre

Postby McFuzzy on Sat, 19 Nov 2016 7:03 +0000

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share my experience with you with www.4wdsupacentre.com.au so others maybe aware.

On the 8th November I ordered a Deluxe Double Swag for $219.95 as advertised MID-December delivery. The following day I get an email advising my order has been processed followed by a second email stating they had delays and they won't receive delivery until LATE December therefore I could be looking at January delivery.

As this doesn't suit me on the 10th I replied requesting to cancel my order because there delivery time frame changed and I couldn't risk not having my swag for an upcoming trip.

They replied advising they'd process the refund minus an admin fee of $20 because I cancelled my order and because they advised me of the delayed delivery. Meanwhile they were still advertising these items online for Mid -December delivery until 15th December.

I was clearly decieved by there false advertisement and then knowing the change of delivery times before I purchased AAS they continued to do this after I purchased my item.

I was willing to purchase there product based on information provided however they changed the delivery date which caused me to cancel the order because they could t commit to the advertised time frame yet I get refunded minus an admin fee of $20.

I have since heard, read and been in contact with over 50 people regarding similar experiences. I have lodged a claim with Fair Trading because these people need to be stoped as a lot of people would accept this and do nothing. It's deceiving and misleading and fraudualent to get sales. This is obviously how they make up for low prices.

Be aware and read reviews on this company before you decide to make your purchase.

I'll let you all know the outcome with Fair Trading as it unfolds.
McFuzzy

Re: 4WD Supacentre

Postby fracturedranga on Sat, 19 Nov 2016 8:47 +0000

I had a similar issue with a awning tent which i ordered with other gear, i got a full refund of the awning tent no admin fees.
fracturedranga

Postby flip9 on Sat, 19 Nov 2016 2:08 +0000

That's how they do business. If they say mid-December delivery expect to get it mid January. You'll get excuses like the ship is stuck in sea or the container fell off.

See if you can do a charge back if you paid via credit card.
flip9

Postby kizza1 on Sat, 19 Nov 2016 5:22 +0000

Good on you for taking it further. Hope it causes enough trouble for them to rethink there policies
kizza1

Postby sa_lux on Sat, 19 Nov 2016 8:19 +0000

Two words - 'Charge Back' ( CBs ) only ever pay with a credit card & ask the credit card company for a CB if you are not 110% happy.

'Admin Fees' do not exist as the bank will take the whole amount out of their bank account & will not be considering a 'Admin Fee'

I know about this from working at 2 x banks & helping them process these CBs

The credit card companies just hate CBs, because they know how many dodgy companies are out there !!!

Each credit provider is different, Virgin Money credit you card as soon as they receive a signed form, but, the crappy ozzie banks wait until they have processed the CB, so they all hold your money and re-invest on the short term money market.

How do I know this, because I wrote programs to do exactly that !!!
Looking to buy

- 54" Led Light Bar to Roof Rack mounting kit
- Roof Top Tent
- Tub Transformer (TT) -> http://ozutz.com.au
- e Lockers
- 12v / 240v Fridge -> http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221680219455

Roll on rolux
sa_lux

Postby Tintin87 on Mon, 12 Dec 2016 12:47 +0000

In my experience if they have stock everything is normally smooth and quick.
If they haven't got stock the wait times can be excessive.

I bought a swag and one of the poles snapped at the pre-made bend. It took me 4 months or more to get a replacement under warranty.

If you are a newbie to them I would just stick to purchasing what they have in stock. If you buy anything else expect a long wait.
Tintin87

Postby Allords on Sun, 10 Sep 2017 10:15 +0000

Here's a long list of reviews, and who they are. :ugeek:

https://4x4fever.com/4wd-supa-centre-lie/
Allords

Postby Torsion on Mon, 01 Jan 2018 10:49 +0000

McFuzzy - they did you a favour mate, better now than be caught out later sleeping in a shit swag that is shit cheap junk, that pisses in water, stitching fails, zippers fail - all in all shit product!
Think of it like this - things happen for a reason!
Torsion

Postby VMANN on Wed, 03 Jan 2018 7:49 +0000

Apart from the fact there delivery is pretty horrid ,

I’ve bought many items from them, and so far they’re quite sturdy and holding there own against named brands.
can’t fault any light bars to this stage and I’ve had my “dominator” Winch for 6 years still going strong .

customer service doesn’t seem to be their strong side though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WHEN IN DOUBT, GO FLAT OUT.
VMANN

Postby LocalFart on Wed, 03 Jan 2018 12:52 +0000

Yeah, I think that 4x4 supacentre are one of those 'you get what you pay for' kind of places.

Don't expect great service that you would get at stores like ARB and TJM, but if you take it for what it is, which is cheap re-branded Chinese gear then it's great.

I have only bought a few things from them in the past as I find the un-branded stuff on eBay is generally cheaper anyway but they have some good deals every now and then.
LocalFart

Postby oggy on Wed, 03 Jan 2018 3:02 +0000

What isn't made in China these days??? Name brands are no better. Just " under license".. Still made in China.
Occupational health and safety officers..Stop messin with Darwin's theory of natural selection... Stupid hippies.

Oggy's build viewtopic.php?f=41&t=19033
oggy

Postby LocalFart on Thu, 04 Jan 2018 7:31 +0000

oggy wrote:What isn't made in China these days??? Name brands are no better. Just " under license".. Still made in China.

Sorry, I meant 'Chinese Gear' as in the stuff that's made in China by a Chinese company for a Chinese Company. Not the stuff that's made in China for an international company.
If an Australian company outsources their product to China they generally will send it with a list of specs to make sure it's not terrible quality, but the Chinese company will generally try to make products as cheap as possibly can to work, right?
LocalFart

Postby CB23 on Thu, 04 Jan 2018 9:47 +0000

I've bought compressor, plug kit, camp lights and fridge slide from them very recently (2 different orders) and all was good. Plenty of emails advising of status and arrived quicker than their predicted delivery date.
CB23

Return to Toyota News