Vibration from behind passenger dash...

Vibration from behind passenger dash...

Postby reallyxxxxxxloud on Tue, 15 Feb 2011 6:04 +0000

Because I fit a lot of electronics to new Hilux's I've noticed as with my own Lux a loud vibration from behind the dash (behind glovebox).

This usually happens under load and sounds very metallic in nature. Because my car is sound proofed, it is extremely loud for me so I just had to get rid of it (also my sub sets it off big time).

It was easy to find and fix as you just open the glovebox and pull it up and it will come out. Behind it you should see a computer box that's mounted vertical. I removed the wiring and clips but it could be done in position if you were lazy :lol: but its only 4 nuts/bolts (do not turn or leave they keys in the ignition while doing this). I then applied sound deadening to both sides of the housing. It fixed it a treat!!!!
reallyxxxxxxloud

Re: Vibration from behind passenger dash...

Postby stevehastings on Thu, 17 Mar 2011 4:57 +0000

I just had a rattle in kind off the same place, so I took the glove box out then took the bottom bit off plastic cover off from down by ya feet, and what do ya think was there. A box off 9mm hand gun shells 20 0ff the suckers and the box had rubbed through and they had started fulling out and going down to the floor and under the plastic cover by door rattling on the metal, far last thing I would think I would find. Steve.
Live for today, as tomorrow is not here yet.
stevehastings

Postby shanno on Thu, 17 Mar 2011 5:04 +0000

stevehastings wrote: A box off 9mm hand gun shells 20 0ff the suckers

:o Makes you wonder what else is stashed in your ute :?
Cheers,
Shanno

My Buildup
shanno

Postby stevehastings on Thu, 17 Mar 2011 6:28 +0000

shanno wrote:
stevehastings wrote: A box off 9mm hand gun shells 20 0ff the suckers

:o Makes you wonder what else is stashed in your ute :?

I know, going to lift up all the carpet tomorrow after work????? money would be nice, hahaha
Live for today, as tomorrow is not here yet.
stevehastings

Postby gruntre69 on Fri, 18 Mar 2011 9:22 +0000

reallyxxxxxxloud wrote:Because I fit a lot of electronics to new Hilux's I've noticed as with my own Lux a loud vibration from behind the dash (behind glovebox).

This usually happens under load and sounds very metallic in nature. Because my car is sound proofed, it is extremely loud for me so I just had to get rid of it (also my sub sets it off big time).

It was easy to find and fix as you just open the glovebox and pull it up and it will come out. Behind it you should see a computer box that's mounted vertical. I removed the wiring and clips but it could be done in position if you were lazy :lol: but its only 4 nuts/bolts (do not turn or leave they keys in the ignition while doing this). I then applied sound deadening to both sides of the housing. It fixed it a treat!!!!

Any chance you could put up a detailed post on how you went about sound deadening? I'd love to quieten the cab in mine! Those D4D engines are bloody noisy.....not to mention luggy tyre noise... :?:
Cheers

Grunter
http://gatorz.com.au/
If it's in the way...... use it for traction!
My build thread
gruntre69

Postby reallyxxxxxxloud on Fri, 20 Mar 2015 5:16 +0000

reallyxxxxxxloud

Return to Tips & Tricks