Strong Double Sided Tape?

Strong Double Sided Tape?

Postby johnny5x on Sat, 11 Sep 2010 10:05 +0000

My sprint booster button will not stay stuck with the double sided tape provided. Who has used/is using a double sided tape that is strong and wont come unstuck in the cold and heat? Brands and where you bought it please?
johnny5x

Re: Strong Double Sided Tape?

Postby Alby on Sun, 12 Sep 2010 9:33 +0000

Go to local a signage place and get some pressure sensitive tape that they use to hold signage panels and lettering. 3M make it as well as others.
Pressure sensitive tape has the two components of epoxy embedded in it that are mixed together when you apply it and push the tape together. Sticks like the proverbial Sh%#t to a blanket. And a much better quality than the hardware stuff you get
On the internet you can be anything you want. It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid!
Alby

Postby olcoolone on Sun, 12 Sep 2010 10:18 +0000

We use 3M VHB double sided tape.
olcoolone

Postby Oz Bruiser on Sun, 12 Sep 2010 11:16 +0000

I run scale rock crawers and custom rc crawlers. When I need to stick something both sides I use heavy duty sticky backed velcro that works great. It is flexible, subject to heat, moisture, dust and movment. Works great and sticks to everything well. You can again buy 3M branded or other brands from Bunnings on a roll between $5 - $15 for 1m -5m -10m rolls that you can cut to size and is usefull in general for many uses. Hope this elps. Is good as double sided tape permanent where velcro allows for removal if required.
Oz Bruiser

Postby MADDOG on Sun, 12 Sep 2010 11:48 +0000

Oz Bruiser wrote:I run scale rock crawers and custom rc crawlers. When I need to stick something both sides I use heavy duty sticky backed velcro that works great. It is flexible, subject to heat, moisture, dust and movment. Works great and sticks to everything well. You can again buy 3M branded or other brands from Bunnings on a roll between $5 - $15 for 1m -5m -10m rolls that you can cut to size and is usefull in general for many uses. Hope this elps. Is good as double sided tape permanent where velcro allows for removal if required.

That's what Shane (crosssport) used to fix my Steinbauer power module onto my fuse box in the engine bay. It doesn't budge at all, yet with a bit of force I can remove the Steinbauer to change settings if I need to, then put it back in place and with a little pressure it fixes itself back in place. Brilliant stuff.
MADDOG

Postby Viper82 on Sun, 12 Sep 2010 2:44 +0000

I had blind spot mirrors that kept falling off in the hot weather so I got some double sided tape from bunnings and I used it for the sprint booter also. I wanted the 3m stuff cause I know its good but only found other stuff which still worked well. Henkel is the brand.
Viper82

Postby VMN on Sun, 12 Sep 2010 3:57 +0000

Best double sided tape is the 3M ATG tape gun system

http://www.dickblick.com/products/3m-sc ... dispenser/

There are a couple of different tapes for it.

The other stuff which is great is some 3M stuff the panel beaters use to restick on badges after painting. You press a part onto it, pull it off and instant self adhesive part!
VehicleMods (RodW)
vmn.com.au
VMN Body Lift kit
Dedicated to providing exceptional value and service to NewHilux members
VMN

Postby Penguin on Sun, 12 Sep 2010 4:17 +0000

I found that when i was fitting my sprint booster i had the same problem. I used a small piece of 3M double sided tape. It was white, if that is any help. The other thing to make sure of is that you give the spot where you want to stick it a good clean with an alcohol wipe or contact cleaner etc.
Penguin

Postby VMN on Sun, 12 Sep 2010 4:49 +0000

VMN wrote:The other stuff which is great is some 3M stuff the panel beaters use to restick on badges after painting. You press a part onto it, pull it off and instant self adhesive part!

Found it in the shed. 3M Press-In-Place Emblem Adhesive. Comes in packs of 10x 2" x 12" strips. Product code 08069
See:
http://products3.3m.com/catalog/au/en00 ... utput_html

Must be pretty good stuff. Officially licensed by NASCAR so guaranteed to make your car go faster (if you can stick that sprint booster on! :lol: :lol: )
VehicleMods (RodW)
vmn.com.au
VMN Body Lift kit
Dedicated to providing exceptional value and service to NewHilux members
VMN

Return to Tips & Tricks