How To - DIG Options TP09X1 Unit Install Part 2 Camera Done!

Re: How To - DIG Options TP09X1 Unit Install Part 2 Camera D

Postby Jack S on Sun, 13 Mar 2011 5:40 +0000

It's these type of problems that are making me very hesitant to actually buy the product, I would like to purchase it but there is always a post with something going wrong with the unit or something not working right....
Jack S

Postby gruntre69 on Sun, 13 Mar 2011 10:14 +0000

sass wrote:Ok,
I’m on my 2nd TP09X1 unit now (first ones blue tooth crapped out), and I’m having yet more issues.

1. I’ve had this unit installed since September last year and have been noticing the touch screens sensitivity is reducing. Takes up to 10 attempts to register a command sometimes. I have never used any cleaning products on the screen, I’ve only every wiped it over with a soft microfiber cloth. Its got nothing to do with screen calibration as I have checked this already.

2. Finally had the opportunity to install the reverse camera yesterday and I’m about ready to pull my hair out. I have double and triple checked my entire wiring front to back and everything is 100% correct as per install requirements (I’m very anal, all joints are properly soldered and shrink wrapped). But, when I select reverse the image comes up Mirror Image!!! The writing is in the top right corner reads “MAC NI” and everything on the image being displayed is back to front (Vehicle right is being displayed on image left and vise versa)

3. To top it off I am also having the same issue as Grunter. If I touch the breaks or indicator, the screen is blanking out and trying to show the reverse Cam!!!!! If it was a vehicle issue wouldn’t all Hilux’s be doing this?

4. Anyone got any ideas on how we can improve the IPod control to show the menus? It’s so dangerous driving along and trying to operate the iPod from the iPod itself.

Any ideas (this reverse cam has me stumped)?

Sass
G'Day Sass,

I finally got around to fitting a diode into the reversing sensor wire yesterday. It does fix the problem. I don’t care what anybody says, this is not a Toyota problem. There is obviously a small voltage feedback across the Brake/blinker circuits but this would not affect Toyota and is not a fault. It is less than 0.6v because that is the forward breakdown voltage of a silicon diode. Put one of these in and the screen flashing is fixed.

I do remember seeing a setting for mirror somewhere in the options menu, have a look and you might find the answer for the mirror image….. maybe.

3rd, I have noticed that my touch screen is hard to get a touch button on sometimes too. I hope this isn’t a problem that is going to get worse!

Lastly, Mine has on occasion completely jammed up when using Oz Explorer and the only way to fix was to push the reset button and reboot. This is rare though and the majority of the time it is good.

My conclusion is that the unit is OK for the money and you get what you pay for and quality control with these cheap Chinese units is average. The one big plus is that Matt provides good backup and will sort you out if you have a faulty unit.
Cheers

Grunter
http://gatorz.com.au/
If it's in the way...... use it for traction!
My build thread
gruntre69

Postby asmo on Sun, 13 Mar 2011 2:55 +0000

Hey Grunter,
Mine also freezes with Ozi but only if you push the screen brightness dimmer ( in Ozi ) never done it with anything else,
but will do it every time on the dimmer.
Now i dont dim and been going good for navigation.

Hey Jack ,
there is a newer model out now but will not know the longevity of the unit for some time, until people start using it and finding potential problems,, but it looks better and certainly has more power and storage , these are the main reasons for software issues.
asmo
asmo

Postby gruntre69 on Sun, 13 Mar 2011 3:18 +0000

Looks like he has got the new model coming at the end of March. It will be interesting to see whether the Ipod will charge from the cable and has proper menu integration. This is the main thing I don't like about my unit. All else is OK as long as the touch screen sensitivity doesn't get any worse.

I love the IGO GPS software!
Cheers

Grunter
http://gatorz.com.au/
If it's in the way...... use it for traction!
My build thread
gruntre69

How To - DIG Options TP09X1 Unit Install Part 2 Camera Done!

Postby woody7 on Sun, 13 Mar 2011 4:22 +0000

Jack S wrote:It's these type of problems that are making me very hesitant to actually buy the product, I would like to purchase it but there is always a post with something going wrong with the unit or something not working right....

Not a bad unit.. Some good points but some bad points... U get what u pay for...if you want roses don't plant daises....
woody7

Postby OFFTRAK on Sun, 13 Mar 2011 4:29 +0000

I've noticed if I have greasy/dirty fingers the touch screen isn't as sensitive. How about you guys?
OFFTRAK

Postby dig_options on Mon, 14 Mar 2011 12:52 +0000

gruntre69 wrote:Looks like he has got the new model coming at the end of March. It will be interesting to see whether the Ipod will charge from the cable and has proper menu integration. This is the main thing I don't like about my unit. All else is OK as long as the touch screen sensitivity doesn't get any worse.

I love the IGO GPS software!

Hey guys,
I am sorry for the late reply. Im in Japan of all places, all safe but there are plenty of disruptions. I was in Tokyo until yesterday and now a couple of hours from there away.
I have already sold around 60 of these new models and the quality and features seem better. The ipod and iphone integration is heaps better and you can charge if you purchase an adaptor which costs around $20 from ebay. I will offer this adaptor sometime in the near future. the problem is related to the unit putting out 12V power and the ipods these days are 5V so the adaptor basically changes the voltage. I hope this helps.
Relating to the issues related to the TP09X1, i have sold heaps and the fault rate is much lower relative to other units available on the web. The feedback from other light sources in relation to the reverse camera will not occur in Prados and many other models. It does sometimes happen with Hilux and Nissans. This could possibly be overcome if you tap the power from reverse light behind the fuse box. This is just a guess though and cannot test until i return to Australia.
There is a mirror setting for the camera in the settings for the unit.
Sorry for the long winded reply an delay in replying.
Kind regards,
Matt
DIG Options Australia - 4X4 Electronics since 2008
http://www.digoptions.com.au
http://www.youtube.com/digoptions
dig_options

Postby hendoshane on Mon, 14 Mar 2011 9:00 +0000

Hi Matt,

Can you give me any advice regarding calibrating the screen on the TP90X1. I am having trouble understanding the instructions in the manual and am currently unable to use many functions of the head unit as I need to touch the screen 10-15mm higher than the touch screen buttons.

Cheers,
Hendo
hendoshane

Postby asmo on Mon, 14 Mar 2011 9:35 +0000

Hey Hendo
Send Matt an email at digoptions@gmail.com
You may know his email already ;)
asmo
asmo

Postby dig_options on Thu, 31 Mar 2011 2:45 +0000

Hey guys, with the help of our customer we have solved the issue with Ozi Explorer menus being too small. It is an Ozi settings thing that needs to be updated.

Use the options on the Sys2 tab in general settings to configure the menu and dialog sizes.
All further help can be found at http://www.oziexplorer3.com/ozice/help/ ... onfig.html

You will need to change the settings in the "General Settings" Sys 2 menu as follows:

Menu font size: 8
Dialog Font: 18
Toolbar size: 18
Menubar size: 1
Keyboard size: 6
and ticked the checkbox.

This will deliver a big improvement in regards to some sizing issues.

All thanks goes to Ben.

Cheers,

Matt
dig_options

Postby sass on Tue, 12 Apr 2011 2:41 +0000

Ok Gents need some help.

1. Touch screen has gone way out of calibration. Need to touch about 10 to 15mm above each icon to get it to register(icons in gps at top of screen wont register at all have to reset the unit to get out). I can get into the screen calibration and tap on the center of the cross hairs all over the screen but it wont recalibrate!!! On 5 different occasions now I have sat there taping the cross hairs around the screen for at least 30 cycles (white screen with green dots in the corner) and the only way to get out of this screen is to reset the unit. By the manual it says to just keep taping until it tells you. How many times around the screen do i need to go? surely after 30 times it should have re calibrated?

2. When the street nav software boots up it is telling me all maps are obsolete. Whats the go?

Any ideas!

Sass
Sasquatch by name, Sasquatch by nature!!
sass

Postby dig_options on Tue, 12 Apr 2011 8:43 +0000

hi Sass, on the 14th of March I advised you that we needed to get the unit back to replace the touchscreen but never heard back regarding this. So to fix the screen problem we need to replace the touch screen. i'm very sorry for this inconvenience. About the maps I can send you a fix to download. If you email me I can give you further details and the melbourne address we need your unit sent to.
Regards,
Matt
dig_options

Postby sass on Wed, 13 Apr 2011 2:07 +0000

Thanks for the prompt reply Matt.
Thought it might have been something i was missing in the calibration settings and navi path setting, so just thought Id check with some other users.
Cheers
Sass
Sasquatch by name, Sasquatch by nature!!
sass

Postby crawfy on Wed, 27 Apr 2011 8:07 +0000

Hi, sorry to hijack the thread, but my question doesn't seem worth starting a new one for.
With the new Dig Options head unit (I think the model # is AVN11TP), do they have front, rear and sub RCA output channels for adding amplifiers? AV outputs are on the list of features, but couldn't see anything about RCAs.
If anyone might know...

Thanks
crawfy

Postby nathan96 on Tue, 10 May 2011 7:38 +0000

The new unit definitively has RCAs for front and rears

I cant remember if there was a sub RCA out though, sorry
nathan96

DIG OPTIONS AVN11TP install (with reversing camera)

Postby hiluxMick on Sun, 10 Jul 2011 4:12 +0000

Hi guys, here's a quick summary of my install of the AVN11TP DIG OPTIONS GPS model including reversing camera. My hilux is late 2008 model SR5. Nothing particularly new in the stuff below, but thought this may help someone by putting it all in one place. Thanks to everyone who's posted instructions beforehand - I found it really helpful.

Before you start turn on your old radio/CD and remove any CD's.

1. remove aircon knobs and single retaining screw behind centre knob
2. gently prise off the dash moulding surrounding the radio, make sure the 4 yellow clip tabs are still in place, otherwise you'll need to go and look for them. Unclip the 2 leads.
3. remove radio including mounting bracket by undoing the four 10mm hex screws. Don't drop the screws or you'll have to go look for those too. Slide the radio out and disconnect the leads and aerial cable.
4. take note of the position of the the mounting brackets on the old radio, then remove and remount these on the new DIG options unit in same orientation
5. Add a 1m length of wire to the 'BACK' cable (solder and insulate) - connect this to the +ve reversing wire, which can be found behind the glove box, grey connector, yellow wire in position 3 - check that this is +ve when switching into reverse. This triggers the CAM IN mode automatically when you put the car in reverse.
6. Add a ring connector to the 'BRAKE' wire. The wire is just long enough to allow it to be screwed down to the bottom right radio bracket mounting screw (which will earth it). If you want to lock out the DVD function when the handbrake isn't on, then this wire should go to the handbrake indicator wire instead.
7. I put my GPS aerial on the dash and poked the lead down through the side of the middle/left demister vent near the windscreen. It's pretty easy to route it from here back to the DIG OPTIONS unit.
8. Run the reversing camera AV lead from your rear numberplate along the left hand chassis, into the engine bay, up to the 2nd battery area and poke a hole through the firewall grommet at that location, then through into the cab behind the glovebox. Connect this to the CAMERA IN connector.
9. I mounted my camera just above the numberplate just to the left of the spare wheel winder hole. I used the supplied double sided tape to mount, then drilled two small holes for a couple of self-tappers.
10. Remove rear left blinker unit (2 bolts next to tailgate, then pull out), then splice the camera power leads into the -ve and +ve reversing light wires (solder and insulate). Make sure you check to polarity.
11. Connect the camera up and seal off all the joins (there was one spare wire socket on the camera I got which I was told to just ignore)
12. I ran my IPOD cable out through the ashtray hole. The ashtray still slides in over the top easily.
13. I ran the USB cable to my glove box as I don't reckon I'll be using this much
13. Once you've tidied all the wiring up, connect up all the sockets to the back of the DIG OPTIONS unit, slide into place and screw back in. Don't forget to connect/earth the 'BRAKE' wire as you do this.
14. Check everything before you put the dash moulding back on.

Hopefully I haven't left anything out.

Cheers

- Mick
hiluxMick

Postby MADDOG on Wed, 27 Jul 2011 8:48 +0000

Hi Matt. My unit no longer plays CD/DVD's. I think the laser is faulty. Also, it takes up to 45 minutes for the GPS to find it's location. Do you have a fix for these problems? Thanks in advance.

Joel.
MADDOG

Postby Marshwa on Thu, 25 Aug 2011 9:23 +0000

crawfy wrote:Hi, sorry to hijack the thread, but my question doesn't seem worth starting a new one for.
With the new Dig Options head unit (I think the model # is AVN11TP), do they have front, rear and sub RCA output channels for adding amplifiers? AV outputs are on the list of features, but couldn't see anything about RCAs.
If anyone might know...

Thanks

Guys just been reading through this thread and thee unit sounds pretty good. But could someone please answer the question above?

Also has the unit been upgrade so that it will charge a standard ipod?

Finally where is the best place to buy these headunits and how much are they with/without the extras?
Marshwa

Postby asmo on Thu, 25 Aug 2011 8:48 +0000

Marshwa wrote:
crawfy wrote:Hi, sorry to hijack the thread, but my question doesn't seem worth starting a new one for.
If anyone might know...

Thanks

Guys just been reading through this thread and thee unit sounds pretty good. But could someone please answer the question above?

Also has the unit been upgrade so that it will charge a standard ipod?

Finally where is the best place to buy these headunits and how much are they with/without the extras?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/EARLY-TOYOTA ... 3a69336417

Have a look through the above..
Contact Matt at dig options if you want any further info he's pretty good... go through ebay or email matt for a newhilux deal..
Ive got the older model sorry
asmo

Postby MADDOG on Wed, 31 Aug 2011 8:58 +0000

MADDOG wrote:Hi Matt. My unit no longer plays CD/DVD's. I think the laser is faulty. Also, it takes up to 45 minutes for the GPS to find it's location. Do you have a fix for these problems? Thanks in advance.

Joel.

BUMP
MADDOG

PreviousNext

Return to Tips & Tricks