Stereo - second battery tip

Stereo - second battery tip

Postby D4D for ME on Sun, 21 Mar 2010 4:57 +0000

I did this mod to my old Hilux and have done it to my current one also. Only really useful for those of us with a dual battery set up it is great though for camping fishing etc. The mod allows you to listen to your radio, UHF, or run your accessory power out lets all from the second battery with out fear of draining the main battery and with out the keys in the ignition. Then with the flick of a switch run it all off the ignition as you would normally for day to day driving. My (rough) diagram shows colour codes for most aftermarket stereos. For factory colour codes see RodW's radio pin out thread.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2436

The top wire from the stereo that I have forgotten to label in this diagram is the power wire. Typically coloured red.

-Click on the pic to view full size-

It is important to hook the yellow wire to the second battery, not the main one though because even though it will recieve constant power from the main battery, when the stereo is on most of the power will be drawn via this wire.
The beatings will continue untill the morale improves.
D4D for ME

Re: Stereo - second battery tip

Postby Bassman on Sun, 21 Mar 2010 7:47 +0000

D4D for ME wrote:I did this mod to my old Hilux and have done it to my current one also. Only really useful for those of us with a dual battery set up it is great though for camping fishing etc. The mod allows you to listen to your radio, UHF, or run your accessory power out lets all from the second battery with out fear of draining the main battery and with out the keys in the ignition. Then with the flick of a switch run it all off the ignition as you would normally for day to day driving. My (rough) diagram shows colour codes for most aftermarket stereos. For factory colour codes see RodW's radio pin out thread.
http://newhilux.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2436

The top wire from the stereo that I have forgotten to label in this diagram is the power wire. Typically coloured red.

-Click on the pic to view full size-

It is important to hook the yellow wire to the second battery, not the main one though because even though it will recieve constant power from the main battery, when the stereo is on most of the power will be drawn via this wire.

I love the "Ignition...Feed from Pash"...me thinks things are hotting up in the Central West?? :lol: :lol:
....IT WILL GET ME TO THE GIG ON TIME !!!
Bassman

Return to Tips & Tricks