Single Cab Hilux sub rattle. Solution?

Single Cab Hilux sub rattle. Solution?

Postby Rhino351 on Wed, 16 Nov 2016 1:08 +0000

Hi guys, quick question.

I put this little amp sub combo on the back wall of my single cab and it gets quite rattly during different bass frequencies. I had a good look around the overlaps where it sounds from but I can't stop it. Sometimes it comes from the sides where the seatbelt is other times anywhere along those cross strengtheners/panels.

Where the sub bolts in I put 10mm aircon anti rattle pieces of rubber so the whole thing is off the wall.
Thought about going along with silicon where it looks like it might be but thought I'd ask here first. Cheers for any tips :!: :?:

Rhino351

Re: Single Cab Hilux sub rattle. Solution?

Postby DustyOperator on Wed, 30 Nov 2016 9:07 +0000

I have an 8 inch jbl sub that i mounted on the floor under the seat with velcron stripps. The rattle is actually there as there is no sound dampening behind the seat just the bare body. I had the same issuf with my Nissan Frontier, that also had no dampening material and you could hear the entire metal bodyparts make their own music whem the bass kicked in. :lol: Before my actual Lux i had an Colorado and there was no rattle at all becouse the dampening material was very thik and also behind the seats. Note the all mentioned vehicles where single cab ute's.
DustyOperator

Postby fracturedranga on Wed, 30 Nov 2016 12:06 +0000

Get some dynamat or the equivalent and stick it on the metal behind anywhere where you hear a vibration. Make sure ita the heavy bitumen based stuff it stops any random harmonic vibrations
fracturedranga

Postby Spitfia on Wed, 30 Nov 2016 1:02 +0000

Just cover the whole back wall in dynamat or carpet or both
YOU LOOKIN AT MY EYE?!!!
MY10 2011 SR Hilux DC, Steinbauer Module, 2" lift, BFG AT 265/75R16 etc. etc. etc.
Spitfia

Return to Tips & Tricks