remote locking wont work after factory toyota recall repairs

remote locking wont work after factory toyota recall repairs

Postby crazymofo on Mon, 08 Dec 2014 6:39 +0000

Gday folks,

I have on 07 SR,

recently it went in for the factory recall for the air bag and a cross member change. ive received the car back, but now the central locking on the key fob doesn't work. At first I put it down to a coincidence that the battery in it went flat, but after ordering new batteries for my keys, they still don't work. car unlocks and starts/drives with the keys still, but the using the buttons on the keys do nothing. the little red light on the keys still lights up when buttons are depressed.

other things that have changed are, seat belt beepers are back, as is the key in the ignition beepers, I bought the car used, and these previously didn't operate prior to the Toyota service, so they have obviously have done some kind of reset.... arseholes.

ive searched and found ways to eliminate these beepers so will try them first this evening, but im lacking the searching skills to find a solutuion to the keyless entry buttons not working. anyone got ideas on how to fix this other then taking it back to Toyota?

cheers.joe.
crazymofo

Re: remote locking wont work after factory toyota recall rep

Postby 10 luxxxx on Mon, 08 Dec 2014 9:58 +0000

Take it back mate. The beeper is because they must have disconnected the battery. From what I have read the key problems can be costly so I would be heading back to Toyota.
10 luxxxx

Postby flyingdoctor on Mon, 08 Dec 2014 1:01 +0000

you can easily fix that "key in" beep by disconnecting the double wire plug underneath the ignition. For seatbelt beep there is a sequence to remove here in the forum.
But do that after THEY got this locking thing fixed. Maybe the keys need to be reprogrammed.
Tim
flyingdoctor

Postby crazymofo on Tue, 09 Dec 2014 3:19 +0000

ok thanks guys will call Toyota today. just shit I have to do this :(

cheers.joe.
crazymofo

Return to Tips & Tricks