Blue tooth with HTC phone

Blue tooth with HTC phone

Postby Piggy_2007 on Thu, 03 Apr 2014 2:50 +0000

I'm having a lot of trouble pairing my HTC Velocity smart phone with the head unit in my 2012 SR Hilux, does anyone have any tips or experienced the same problem. My sons phoned paired without a hitch ! Sorry if a thread already exists but i could not find one ! ;) Cheers
Mankind didn't fight it's way and evolve to the top of the food chain to be vegetarian
Piggy_2007

Re: Blue tooth with HTC phone

Postby boxhead55 on Thu, 03 Apr 2014 3:58 +0000

That phone has not got the correct pathways for you head deck this is why your sons pares straight away. Try updating your htc to the latest update sometimes that can help your situation.
boxhead55

Postby comp.dad on Thu, 03 Apr 2014 3:59 +0000

Piggy_2007 wrote:I'm having a lot of trouble pairing my HTC Velocity smart phone with the head unit in my 2012 SR Hilux, does anyone have any tips or experienced the same problem. My sons phoned paired without a hitch ! Sorry if a thread already exists but i could not find one ! ;) Cheers

I had no problems with my HTC and the original head unit from my 2012 Hilux SR5...

Phone book / messages every thing.

Head unit went and died 6 months ago.

New head unit will not work with my HTC... Will work with some phones and sometimes even then it depends on the Software version and the different versions of BT...

Spent excessive time with Toyota and it comes back to the Software and code in the Toyota head unit.... Had Fujitsu 10 stayed with their general software it would work with almost any thing....

But it appears that due to the Head unit software and all the restrictions about blocking some functions etc that it is also very fussy as to how the Phone manages contacts and e-mails - Appears that there are lots of issues as to Standards or lack of standards.....

I also had one phone that NEVER ASKED for the passcode..

* Trick was that it was actually popping up as a notification, and unless you got to it during the pairing and accepted the connection request. The phone would always connect and then disconnect....

* On another I had to change the passcode in the BT settings in the head unit to 5 digits rather than 4.

* I also found on one phone that once I had over 500 contacts doing a phone book transfer it would connect and then disconnect and sometimes even loose BT untill I did a full power off and on of the Head unit.....

Thus - if you have the choice, do not go for the Fujitsu 10 Toyota unit but get an after market Fujitsu 10 system and all will be sweet including Map updates.
comp.dad

Postby Piggy_2007 on Sat, 05 Apr 2014 6:35 +0000

No worries, thanks for the advise, much appreciated.
Mankind didn't fight it's way and evolve to the top of the food chain to be vegetarian
Piggy_2007

Return to Tips & Tricks