Abs modification turn abs/track off when needed.

Re: Abs modification turn abs/track off when needed.

Postby nicebike on Mon, 15 Aug 2016 9:40 +0000

mutt01 wrote:Hi Boxhead, can you please tell me where roughly the plug/module is under the bonnet? and is the wiring layout/position of wires the same in 2015 sr5 lux (mine) the same as the second diagram you show?
Big ask i guess so if unsure;its all good
Thanks for showing us all how to do this mod by the way

Just check the plug going into the ABS module to the diagram. The module is the thingy on the inner RHS guard with steel hydraulic line sprouting out of it.
nicebike

Postby Mrmal on Tue, 16 Aug 2016 1:34 +0000

Just to add to Boxheads warnings - off road if you roll it over they will be able to tell the exact distance you drove with the ABS/VSC disabled if they read the computer...... insurers love to find ways of not paying for rolled over luxes.... :?
Mrmal

Postby john253a on Tue, 16 Aug 2016 2:52 +0000

I do t know many that get covered anyway, my insurance said if you can find the road in either melways or country, racv one you don't have insurance when offroad
farting is alot like jxxxxxg off. both provide instant gratification, but neither is a long term solution to the actual problem......................
john253a

Postby eehgil on Sun, 27 Aug 2023 8:19 +0000

I belive you when you say this modification works to disable abs.

Byt why/how does it work?

If i understand the drawing correctly this mod will only add a switch to the line from the brake light switch making the ABS "not know" that the brake pedal is pushed?

When brake pedal is not pushed this modification will not do anything?

With this switch do you get ABS-error/off light after braking for the first time after opening the switch? Or once the switch is opened even if the brake pedal not is pushed?

eehgil

Previous

Return to Tips & Tricks