Constant power to window when doors unlocked

Re: Constant power to window when doors unlocked

Postby bansheebuzz on Wed, 04 Dec 2013 3:12 +0000

this trigger gets pulsed momentarily and not constant when unlocked?

and if you have to add a diode to a relay i would not be using it, any good relay manufacturer will have a suppression resistor in the relay already
05 SR5 Xtra Cab D4D
Mudgeeraba Auto Electrical
bansheebuzz

Postby slice on Thu, 05 Dec 2013 7:12 +0000

bansheebuzz wrote:this trigger gets pulsed momentarily and not constant when unlocked?

and if you have to add a diode to a relay i would not be using it, any good relay manufacturer will have a suppression resistor in the relay already

I got my relays from jaycar and they don't have a suppression resistor or a diode built in, so I put it in but this doesn't mean its a dodgy make… ;)
Now you are correct that the signal from the trigger is pulsed momentarily (I just got my car back today and tested that wire) but if you look at the wiring diagram, + pulse trigger door unlock pulls in the coil on the left relay, power goes in 30 out 87 and into the coil "85" on the right hand relay (86 is earthed by the middle relays nc 87a) which supplies a constant 12vdc to the right side relay until the + pulse trigger door lock pulls in the middle relays coil breaking the circuit.

Have not tried this yet but it looks like it will be fine
slice

Postby slice on Fri, 06 Dec 2013 5:46 +0000

Just installed this mod and it works great
slice

Postby ruvinato67 on Mon, 13 Apr 2015 8:15 +0000

Hi guys, I have been looking to do this modification for while and decided to take a different approach I removed the blue/red trigger wire from the relay and ran a wire from the 12volt plug in the console which has a pink wire behind it to the relay that way the relay has power when the key is in accessories position,I can now operate the windows without having to turn ignition back on but power is removed when I take the key out. This is much simpler than wiring up relays etc. Hope this helps. Cheers
ruvinato67

Postby davo94 on Mon, 13 Apr 2015 9:28 +0000

ruvinato67 wrote:Hi guys, I have been looking to do this modification for while and decided to take a different approach I removed the blue/red trigger wire from the relay and ran a wire from the 12volt plug in the console which has a pink wire behind it to the relay that way the relay has power when the key is in accessories position,I can now operate the windows without having to turn ignition back on but power is removed when I take the key out. This is much simpler than wiring up relays etc. Hope this helps. Cheers

Great idea mate. So simple.
Another 2013 sr5 owner..
davo94

Previous

Return to Tips & Tricks