How To - DIG Options TP09X1 Unit Install Part 2 Camera Done!

Re: How To - DIG Options TP09X1 Unit Install Part 2 Camera Done!

Postby juzo on Mon, 26 Apr 2010 5:34 +0000

Great write up, i'm looking at having a go with mine today and this certainly helps, cheers mate.
juzo

Re: DIG Options GPS

Postby bardenboy on Mon, 26 Apr 2010 11:10 +0000

Hi everyone
Has anyone managed to fix Ozi Explore in the 800x480 Resolution units, I got the upgrade screen resolution files and installed them, that helped with the screen size but not the main issue with the screen switching back to the home page, every time you go and use the KB operation to enter your code.

Any help would be really appreciated

Dennis
2008 SR5
bardenboy

Postby asmo on Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:36 +0000

i have emailed Matt at dig options about this
He is aware of it and
He hope to have a resolution soon (next few days) Maybe longer if its complicated
So at this stage im waiting
asmo
asmo

Postby Steve9R on Mon, 26 Apr 2010 2:08 +0000

only problem with wiring off the reverse light at the back is that you cant bypass it to turn the camera on whenever you want..

i have a switch (below) that allows me to turn the rear camera on at any time so i can see how close cars are behind me etc etc .. wiring it the way you have done wont allow that..

see the original thread on this for details on wiring.. (or search for yellow wire)..

Cheers
Steve
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby bardenboy on Mon, 26 Apr 2010 5:28 +0000

I have already been in contact with Matt at Dig Options, he has a fix but as I bought my unit from A-Sure he can can not give me the software upgrade due to copyright laws.

I am chasing up A-Sure for the fix as there ad on ebay says " works with Oziexplore"

So if any one is thinking about getting one of the GPS units buy it from Dig Options as you will get local support.

Thanks
Dennis
2008 SR5
bardenboy

Postby johnny5x on Tue, 27 Apr 2010 7:33 +0000

hi steve,

that isnt entirely true. you could tap a 12v feed to a switch and then to the head unit side of the red wire which would turn the unit to cam input. it would at the same time power on the camera. Then if you wanted to you could put a diode in between the reverse light positive and where you tap in the thin red wire to the positive on the rear end to prevent the current from flowing to the reverse light thus illuminating it when you flick the switch.

Cheers
John
johnny5x

Postby asmo on Tue, 27 Apr 2010 11:04 +0000

UPDATE
MAtt at Dig options has a fix that works for the ozi problems i followed the update / upgrade process tonight and all is great now KB ( key board ) works with not one kickoff etc at all in 2 hrs of playing with settings

As above it is only if you purchased the unit from Matt and are having kick off problems in Ozi explorer.
Email matt or Donna and he will email you the link etc to the download site

also if you look at prado point he has a new screen design to select street nav or off road nav that i think is great on the main screen after selecting Nav

everthing is working perfect
Thanks to Matt who worked the weekend to come up with a solution.....Cant beat that..
Cheers asmo
asmo

Postby juzo on Wed, 28 Apr 2010 4:14 +0000

As above, i have the spilt screen option with the gps on mine and it's a winner.
juzo

Postby Steve9R on Wed, 28 Apr 2010 6:16 +0000

hmmm I gave that to Matt about October last year.. they've redesigned the front graphic though.. no biggy.. (Personally i liked my toyota logo that i put on ;))..

on mine ive got 3 different GPS programs but all my other applications that I run too.. its a very nifty like menu program..

Cheers
Steve
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby mattysplace on Thu, 29 Apr 2010 4:46 +0000

hi all,

just to comfirm things, abit confussed, to buy ozi explorer, do i have to buy just the CE version only or do i have to buy the one for the computer aswell.

cheers matt
mattysplace

Postby Steve9R on Thu, 29 Apr 2010 5:55 +0000

nah.. only need CE version for the dig options system to work..

you only need the PC version if you want to install it on your PC as well..

Cheers
Steve
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby asmo on Thu, 29 Apr 2010 8:11 +0000

mattysplace wrote:hi all,

just to comfirm things, abit confussed, to buy ozi explorer, do i have to buy just the CE version only or do i have to buy the one for the computer aswell.

cheers matt

also just use the demo version on your computer if you wish, Free download, then if you really love playing at home you can get a code and run without demo at home ..
Same for CE if you are unsure if you like it run the demo for a week they pay the $40 if you like it .
Thats what demo's are for .

My opinion is ozi is shit house around the cities and major towns but very, very excellent in the bush or out of towns
Just as its designed for, outback navigation.. (Some maps do differ though)
asmo

Postby asmo on Thu, 29 Apr 2010 8:23 +0000

Great thread guys and i agree did mine the same.

Options for install .

There is a gromet under the passenger seat you can use instead of under the bonnet.
I unwound the tape and installed the wire with all the others then you dont create a hole. then simply retape tight for a seal as good as or better than factory..

I ran the cable to the rear much the same as described but you can use a air compressor to blow a string line down the centre of the chassis rail and fish it out at the rear then use this to pull the cable through to the rear . but if you do this protect the cable in flexi auto condute or similar ...just an option

I taped up the connectors and to protect them and cable tied the small power wire to the plug as this seems a little fragile and small.
Yes the camera does take longer than the unit install but it isnt hard just time consuming
asmo

Postby Steve9R on Thu, 29 Apr 2010 8:36 +0000

efini7 wrote:hi steve,

that isnt entirely true. you could tap a 12v feed to a switch and then to the head unit side of the red wire which would turn the unit to cam input. it would at the same time power on the camera. Then if you wanted to you could put a diode in between the reverse light positive and where you tap in the thin red wire to the positive on the rear end to prevent the current from flowing to the reverse light thus illuminating it when you flick the switch.

Cheers
John

yeah you're right.. but 99% of the people on here dont understand diodes etc.. so would wire it up and their reverse lights would come on with the camera.. :)

Steve
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby Flecky on Sat, 01 May 2010 7:06 +0000

Hi Guys.
I ended up getting my unit from A-Sure as digi options were out of stock.
I just installed it Thursday night and it's all good apart from the gps reciever. It was working fine at the start but the next morning i couldnt get her going. I was playing around with the settings a bit (i.e different voices e.t.c) and i had a look in the sd card folder (did'nt know what i was doing so i exited it).
I'm thinking that i may have changed something on the navi path of in the gps menu (i.e Baud rate or Port settings)
The only other thing i noticed was that it may have stoped working after i engaged the bluetooth.

I noticed Alby had a problem with his GPS signal....did you get it sorted mate?

I spoke to the guy from A-Sure and he's asured me (pardon the pun) that it's under a 1 year warranty and that we will get it sorted one way or another..... i just thought i'd throw the question out there incase there was a quick fix.

Apart from that i love the unit!!! Doe's exatly what it said on the tin :D

Thanks again for all the advise on here for features & instalation...i'm gonna have a go at installing the camera today.

Chris
Flecky

Postby juzo on Sat, 01 May 2010 3:23 +0000

The guide was excellent, thanks heaps.
The only thing i did differently was run the cable under the passenger seat and out the grommet under the seat. All up, around the 2 hours work and come up a treat.
juzo

Postby johnny5x on Sat, 01 May 2010 5:04 +0000

Flecky wrote:Hi Guys.
I ended up getting my unit from A-Sure as digi options were out of stock.
I just installed it Thursday night and it's all good apart from the gps reciever. It was working fine at the start but the next morning i couldnt get her going. I was playing around with the settings a bit (i.e different voices e.t.c) and i had a look in the sd card folder (did'nt know what i was doing so i exited it).
I'm thinking that i may have changed something on the navi path of in the gps menu (i.e Baud rate or Port settings)
The only other thing i noticed was that it may have stoped working after i engaged the bluetooth.

I noticed Alby had a problem with his GPS signal....did you get it sorted mate?

I spoke to the guy from A-Sure and he's asured me (pardon the pun) that it's under a 1 year warranty and that we will get it sorted one way or another..... i just thought i'd throw the question out there incase there was a quick fix.

Apart from that i love the unit!!! Doe's exatly what it said on the tin :D

Thanks again for all the advise on here for features & instalation...i'm gonna have a go at installing the camera today.

Chris

HI Chris,

Have you tried reseting the unit to factory default if there is an option to do that?
johnny5x

Postby Flecky on Sat, 01 May 2010 7:46 +0000

Yea mate...tried that...no luck. I sent of a video to A-Sure, they'll hopefully get back to me on mon.
Flecky

Postby woody7 on Sun, 02 May 2010 7:15 +0000

hi all
looking at getting one of these units,did anyone come up with a soloution to the bad radio reception also does anyone have the tv tuner(HD BOX) installed and if so what is the TV reception/picture like????where did you mount the tv antena???

i have heard alot of +++++`s about these units but does anyone have any negs???
cant wait too get one of these units

thanks
woody7

Postby juzo on Sun, 02 May 2010 11:48 +0000

Mine has good radio reception actually but i don't usually listen to the radio much so that wasn't a real concern for me.
Don't have any negs with mine so far anyway, a great unit. Just put the reversing camera in yesterday which is very handy. Mine's a 7500 series to answer your question from up the page, sorry i missed it.
juzo

PreviousNext

Return to Tips & Tricks