EGR Warranty

EGR Warranty

Postby Daveq2022 on Mon, 02 Oct 2023 4:26 +0000

Hi All,
I’m new to the forum. Just joined to get some advice if anyone has any.
My 2018 Sr5 has been losing 1-2 litres of coolant per 100k’s for a week or two. I’ve kept the coolant up in the header tank and never let it get below a litre or so in the header tank. There are no signs of coolant in the engine bay, radiator shroud or on the ground. It blows a ton of white smoke when I first accelerate in the morning. The oil shows no sign of water contamination.
Last week a few k’s in to heading home climbing a hill the temp gauge went right up to close to the red then levelled out at normal operating temps for the remaining 20 ks home.
I called the local dealer and it has been there almost a week with no one yet to check it. All signs they say point to an EGR leak. The car is under warranty until March 2024. I am the second owner for 12 months.
Does anyone have any advice for dealing with a warranty claim. The dealer doesn’t seem to be too keen on dealing with it and saying it will be weeks if it is an egr just land one in Australia. I paid 45k and not keen on having to pay for a manufacturing fault or be without a work vehicle for so long. Any tips on getting the best outcome. Cheers, Dave.
Daveq2022

Re: EGR Warranty

Postby hiluxxury on Tue, 03 Oct 2023 5:22 +0000

If it's unmodified it shouldn't be any problem. Try another dealer for parts availability to check your dealers claims about supply issues.
I might be wrong.

2005 SR Hilux 1KD - SOLD
2009 BMW X5 - destroyed by a hail storm
2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 - SOLD
2015 Ford Ranger
hiluxxury

Return to Warranty/Recalls