New Toyota 5 Year Unlimited Km Warranty

New Toyota 5 Year Unlimited Km Warranty

Postby aborak on Mon, 14 Jan 2019 12:41 +0000

Hi All,

As some of you are aware, Toyota as of 1st Jan 2019 has increased their new car warranty to 5 years unlimited km. This is great news for new Toyota buyers, however not great for those of us who have already purchased, in my case 1 business day before this came into effect. (I purchased a Prado, and have posted on Pradopoint, but this does apply to any recent new toyota buyers) i am just seeing if anyone else on here is in a similar boat as me. I have spoken to Toyota but have been told they are unable to do anything about it even if i missed it by 1 day, however they will still assess my car under Australian Consumer law past the 3 year warranty period if there are any issues.
Im not overly concerned with this, but missing out on the extra bit of cover by one day is a bit disappointing.
aborak

Re: New Toyota 5 Year Unlimited Km Warranty

Postby Godzilla73 on Mon, 14 Jan 2019 2:16 +0000

I wouldn't dwell to much on it, the Australian Consumer Laws are far more powerful than any manufacturer warranty.
Godzilla73

Postby Gipsy on Tue, 15 Jan 2019 7:14 +0000

Godzilla73 wrote:I wouldn't dwell to much on it, the Australian Consumer Laws are far more powerful than any manufacturer warranty.

But why do people have no luck getting cracked pistons rebuilt under Aus consumer Law?? Surely the engine is NOT fit for purpose if it destroys itself doing what it is designed to do?
Cheers Gipsy :D although I'm sure somebody will challenge that :lol: even Einstein wasn't certain of his theories.
My 2013 auto D4D DC SR5, prefilter, 3" exhaust and Chip with egt probe, stock SR5 rims with Toyo Open Country AT2 265/65R/17's
Gipsy

Postby Andyfive on Tue, 15 Jan 2019 8:32 +0000

Gipsy wrote:
Godzilla73 wrote:I wouldn't dwell to much on it, the Australian Consumer Laws are far more powerful than any manufacturer warranty.

But why do people have no luck getting cracked pistons rebuilt under Aus consumer Law?? Surely the engine is NOT fit for purpose if it destroys itself doing what it is designed to do?

https://ssch.com.au/trade-news/toyota-1 ... n-failure/

Looks like piston failure was a design fault.
Andyfive

Postby Gipsy on Tue, 15 Jan 2019 9:07 +0000

Precisely my point! Not fit for purpose, so why does Toyota continue to blame the owner?
Cheers Gipsy :D although I'm sure somebody will challenge that :lol: even Einstein wasn't certain of his theories.
My 2013 auto D4D DC SR5, prefilter, 3" exhaust and Chip with egt probe, stock SR5 rims with Toyo Open Country AT2 265/65R/17's
Gipsy

Return to Warranty/Recalls