Raptor Lining on the roof?

Raptor Lining on the roof?

Postby Random Dude on Mon, 06 Jun 2022 1:42 +0000

Has anyone painted their roof with Raptor lining or similar?

My ute has had decals on the roof that have damaged the paint and there is some surfave rust starting and i am thinking about just painting the roof in raptor liner to protect it and stop any rust. I will probably end up putting a roof rack over it so shouldn't look to dodgy.

would i have to remove the roof trim and windscreen? It seems to lay down thick so not sure what to do around the windscreen. If the windscreen does need to come out i will wait till this one has a few more chips and do it then.

Would a wrap be better? I dont know anything about wraps but getting it done properly might be better for around the windscreen?
Random Dude

Re: Raptor Lining on the roof?

Postby dave g on Mon, 06 Jun 2022 4:34 +0000

Regardless of what you cover it with you have to clean up the rust and treat the roof just repaint it
dave g

Postby Rob_Wood on Mon, 06 Jun 2022 6:40 +0000

dave g wrote:Regardless of what you cover it with you have to clean up the rust and treat the roof just repaint it

I agree. I keep a 1 litre bottle of "Ferro-Pro" rust converter in the shed for just these jobs. I've tried other brands and they seem to be watered down by comparison. Ferro-Pro is the ducks nuts when it comes to converting rust. Once the conversion process is complete you then have an undercoat style covering to just paint over with whatever you like.
Just remember to use it sparingly, I use an artists paint brush to apply it even over large areas. You don't need much of it to do the job.
Rob_Wood

Postby Random Dude on Tue, 07 Jun 2022 11:59 +0000

Is there a simple way to add pictures?

i tried using the imgHOSTER thing but it wont take the pics from my phone - says they are too big
Random Dude

Postby Cure on Wed, 08 Jun 2022 6:47 +0000

Simple solution, open the photo on your phone and take a screenshot of it, it will be much smaller in size, or use different image hosting site.

Regards,
Cure

Return to Exterior Mods