ARB Base Rack

ARB Base Rack

Postby usewhenrequired on Wed, 07 Apr 2021 11:18 +0000

Has anyone got experience with the ARB Base Rack?
I purchased one a year ago and decided to wank it out with side mounted work lights but there appears to be no way of mounting anything unless its from the pre-designed dove tail fitted range. I don't want to drill holes in it but just throwing it out there if anyone has found brackets from another manufacturer to be able to do this. And yes, I could make/get some made but looking for a quick option.
I have written to ARB but yet to hear back.
usewhenrequired

Re: ARB Base Rack

Postby Myralga on Thu, 08 Apr 2021 11:38 +0000

That’s simply arb doing what arb does best.
Getting you to buy more ARB Products.
Think from memory everything you Mount to it is UNIQUE to their dovetail design.
I have not seen anyone else run anything similar.
You can Mount the likes of Thule and Rhino rack but wait you need a dovetail adapter from ARB ;).
Bite the bullet buy the bracket you need from them
They should have them on the shelf if they are worth their money.

That’s the ARB way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Myralga

Re: ARB Base Rack

Postby Fnordy on Mon, 10 May 2021 9:38 +0000

Hi - Just put a Base Rack on SR5. Vibration was terrible until I ran a length of double-sided tape between backbone and base rack but now fine. Wind noise also really bad whilst waiting for deflector to arrive.

On the issue of lights, there are a few good articles / youtube videos out now talking about wiring them up but I found that a set of four eyelets and using your own nuts rather than eyelet works well. Also probably cheapest way.

Recovery rack mounts (1/2 a set) work well for shovel mounts etc... these might work upside down for lighting too?

Cheers
Fnordy

Return to Exterior Mods