Protective mesh grill - do they exist?

Protective mesh grill - do they exist?

Postby BReidy94 on Tue, 04 Feb 2020 5:20 +0000

Hi team,

just a quick one, do toyota or an aftermarket company make a protective mesh grill for the n80?
I know they had one for the 120 Prado so I was hoping someone else out there thought it was a good idea.

Cheers!
BReidy94

Re: Protective mesh grill - do they exist?

Postby Sartor on Tue, 04 Feb 2020 5:43 +0000

Just get a mesh from bunnings and install it. You can probably further modify it with eyelets and zip tie it to the frame. I'd seek for a metal mesh as the PVC one might get on fire if the radiator gets too hot.

It does certainly have effect for prolonging your radiator lifespan - I've seen it stops small flies and even small stones :shock:
Sartor

Postby Gipsy on Wed, 05 Feb 2020 5:26 +0000

I bought some security flywire in stainless and put it inside the grill. Much better job and invisible from the outside. It stops stones and mulches the insects so they go through the radiator.
Cheers Gipsy :D although I'm sure somebody will challenge that :lol: even Einstein wasn't certain of his theories.
My 2013 auto D4D DC SR5, prefilter, 3" exhaust and Chip with egt probe, stock SR5 rims with Toyo Open Country AT2 265/65R/17's
Gipsy

Postby Myralga on Thu, 06 Feb 2020 2:05 +0000

You might get lucky as they are made for mine vehicles in the industry they are generally called “radiator insect screens” just got to google and ask a few people. Through ARB seen them for rangers but don’t recall seeing them for Hilux but worth asking.

But in all honesty yes those I have fit look pretty but you get more protection from a fly mesh (alloy as others have said) as you can fit it to protect the radiator completely not just the air coming through the top grill as most air comes from lower and through bullbars if you have them fitted. And no one makes screens for there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Myralga

Return to Exterior Mods