HiLux Rugged bull-bar winch

HiLux Rugged bull-bar winch

Postby Bucking Bob on Thu, 30 Jan 2020 5:55 +0000

Hi all. I have the 2018 HiLux Rugged that comes standard with a winch compatible bull-bar. Apparently Toyota and Warn have jumped into bed together with Warn supplying Toyota with winches as a genuine Toyota accessory. I have it on good authority that they have a Toyota part number and all the components of the winch have Toyota part numbers, meaning that you can only buy the winch from Toyota and same goes for any replacement parts for it. To fit a winch to this bull-bar, you have to buy the winch cradle from Toyota. My main question is, have they changed the mounting hole dimensions (as I have heard) in order to make it unique to Toyota? My local dealer drop-kicks are absolutely no help at all. I believe it is a 9,000lb winch but again the dudes at the dealer were of no help. Anybody out there got any ideas?
Bucking Bob

Re: HiLux Rugged bull-bar winch

Postby Bushwalker8 on Thu, 30 Jan 2020 6:55 +0000

The mounting bolt pattern is standard, the main issue is that the Hilux bars and cradles are designed to fit snugly around this particular Warn which severely limits what else you can fit.
The Runva 11XP/Premium is a great winch and the only one I could find that has similar dimensions to the Warn. I fitted one to my 2016 SR winch compatible bar with no problems.
If you have, or are thinking of fitting the Toyota OEM front recovery points check you get the later cradle which has the mounting points either side to accommodate them.
Bushwalker8

Postby grunf on Thu, 30 Jan 2020 8:04 +0000

VRS 9000 pounds winch (de-branded Warn) fits no issues at all.
I installed mine at Opposite Lock in Melton.
18 SR auto, Bullbar, winch, Snorkel, Towbar, TowPro, Stedi LED’s, Dobinsons GVM upgrade, Steel tray, Aluminium Canopy, ARB on-board air compressor, Diff breathers, BFG MT KM3 265/70-R17, Uneek4x4 rocksliders, Frontier LR fuel tank etc
grunf

Postby usewhenrequired on Sun, 21 Mar 2021 2:00 +0000

I fitted a DominatorX to mine and its fine.
No offence but your good authority from Toyota doesn't really know what they are talking about.

#PZQ9389030 Winch Cradle (approx $300) and can fit a variety of winches.

I installed mine myself and if this site made it easy to post pictures I would.
4x4earth dot com and look up Hilux Rugged X. Theres information there as well as pictures I posted
usewhenrequired

Return to Exterior Mods