Height extended roller cover or half height canopy

Height extended roller cover or half height canopy

Postby suh4 on Thu, 03 Oct 2019 2:01 +0000

Hi champs, I am wondering if anyone has tried to extend the height of the roller shutter like this "securi-extend" from South Africa. I tried to order the same roller shutter from the Australian importer but after 4 months waiting they don't have a clue when they can get one in. around 100mm of height extension would be perfect.

Alternatively if anyone knows who can make a half height alloy canopy around brisbane like this ranger. I just need some extra height to fit a fridge drawer and my dual compartment fridge in but don't like the full height of a canopy.ImageImageImage

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
suh4

Re: Height extended roller cover or half height canopy

Postby DaPoonsGotTang on Thu, 03 Oct 2019 3:06 +0000

Go see Ash at All bar & racks in Seventeen mile rocks, he does heaps of custom ally work, or even go see Darren at CustomRV they do custom canopies as well. They’re just the ones I know of here in Western Suburbs.
DaPoonsGotTang

Postby DaPoonsGotTang on Thu, 03 Oct 2019 3:48 +0000

I had Ash knock me up a platform for the back of mine. I had it made 350mm below my existing rack height so I could fit a roof top tent below the line of the racks, doubt I ever will but I will through my swag & gazebo up there.

I'll post a pic when I figure out how
DaPoonsGotTang

Postby DaPoonsGotTang on Fri, 04 Oct 2019 8:47 +0000

Here’s a custom rack I had All bar & racks knock up for me, I carry 2 big eskies when I go hunting so I needed more storage for a swag etc for longer stays. We also set it up so after I set up camp I can unbolt it’s & throw it up on the roof & rest rifles on it.

Ash can knock up anything to suit your needs
DaPoonsGotTang

Postby suh4 on Sat, 05 Oct 2019 7:37 +0000

DaPoonsGotTang wrote:Image

Here’s a custom rack I had All bar & racks knock up for me, I carry 2 big eskies when I go hunting so I needed more storage for a swag etc for longer stays. We also set it up so after I set up camp I can unbolt it’s & throw it up on the roof & rest rifles on it.

Ash can knock up anything to suit your needs
I just asked them they don't make the toolbox style canopies. I found mw toolbox had made something similar so just waiting for their quotes. appreciate your help I will see how mw goes, should be doable...

suh4

Postby chevaps on Tue, 08 Oct 2019 12:03 +0000

Hi suh4.

On my previous gen Hilux i had a Roll-n-Lock cover that i lifted using lengths of square tube bought from Bunnings and a few longer countersunk bolts (with nuts). I can't remember exactly, but the tubes were either 40x40mm or 50x50mm. Easy job to complete in a few hours if you have your own drill and drill bit set. I even managed to get the "sports bar" reinstalled at the original height by mounting on the wing plates the tracks sit on, but this will require you to measure multiple times, drill once through the wing plate and base of the "sports bar", and tap a new thread.

Cheers

Tom
chevaps

Postby suh4 on Tue, 08 Oct 2019 4:29 +0000

chevaps wrote:Hi suh4.

On my previous gen Hilux i had a Roll-n-Lock cover that i lifted using lengths of square tube bought from Bunnings and a few longer countersunk bolts (with nuts). I can't remember exactly, but the tubes were either 40x40mm or 50x50mm. Easy job to complete in a few hours if you have your own drill and drill bit set. I even managed to get the "sports bar" reinstalled at the original height by mounting on the wing plates the tracks sit on, but this will require you to measure multiple times, drill once through the wing plate and base of the "sports bar", and tap a new thread.

Cheers

Tom
thanks Tom, I did think about putting some rhs tubes on top of the lid then install the roller cover on top. only just I still need to put a roof tent on top of the roller so I am not too sure if the diy extension will hold up the weights after the racks installed .

suh4

Return to Exterior Mods