Raise the rear mount awning

Raise the rear mount awning

Postby carltunstall on Fri, 14 Jul 2017 3:49 +0000

I'm planning on mounting an awning on the roof rack that sit just above the rear tub.
Problem is unless you're of beneath knee high to a grasshopper stature its going to be too low to stand under. I have considered alternatives like the Rhino Dome Awnings, a sportsbar mounted canopy like JTS supply etc. but would really like a standard awning albeit the narrow ones.
So the plan is to raise it when I need it.....something like the below pic but without the $40k price tag just to get the brackets would be nice....any ideas where i can get brackets like these anyone?

...and here's the back of the truck

NB the bolts sticking up on the left is just after some mongrel stole my maxtrax that where bolted down :twisted:
carltunstall

Re: Raise the rear mount awning

Postby William_Foster on Sun, 16 Jul 2017 6:40 +0000

Patriot Campers have patented the gas lift system from the above photo; so I assume that there won't be many competitors in the market as they seem to use market available products when they can. You could look at a scissor lift mechanism with some type of a locking mechanism for windy days for a similar result, just not quite as elegant.
2013 Toyota Hilux SR5
4x4 Manual Diesel
William_Foster

Return to Exterior Mods