ARB Tango Sport Lid

Re: ARB Tango Sport Lid

Postby creaky on Tue, 31 Oct 2017 9:51 +0000

So how's the tango lid going ? Any issues with the locking mechanism, water ingress, any other issues ?
creaky

Postby Merkin on Tue, 07 Nov 2017 3:52 +0000

Had my lid on for about 3 weeks. Overall, pretty happy with it. ImageImage
Couple of things I will need to modify- they used foam rather than rubber pinchweld along the front edge and it leaks like a sieve. A bead of silicone should fix this.

No issues with the lock- only one locking point in the middle of the tailgate- would have preferred a lock in each corner- I’ll see how it handles corrugations early next year when I return north. Central Locking works well.
Another slight issue- I had the genuine dust seal before the lid was fitted, the arb guys removed some of the brackets as the arb brackets wouldn’t fit. If they’d thought about it for two seconds, they would have seen a quick trim would have meant the bracket was fine...
Merkin

Postby Merkin on Tue, 07 Nov 2017 5:20 +0000

forgot to add, the light is pretty good, but ill probably add in a cheap LED strip light (self adhesive flexible one, 50cm long) at the end over the tailgate - shouldnt be too hard to tap into the existing light wiring.
Merkin

Postby Allords on Wed, 08 Nov 2017 4:04 +0000

I'm know wishing i got that colour, instead of knobswallower blue
Allords

Postby Tapestry on Wed, 29 Nov 2017 12:13 +0000

Hi Merkin, you said you have the genuine dust kit. Just asking our well does it work I have a 2017 sr5 with tango lid and toyota tub liner, lots of dust does the toyota dust kit do a good job they quoted me $310 fitted,
Thanks for some feedback on it
Cheers
Tapestry

Postby Merkin on Fri, 01 Dec 2017 6:39 +0000

Yeah it helps a lot. Still not 100%, but it’s a work in progress. I’ve started to silicone up holes and I’ve noticed the plate that gives you access to the tailgate opening mechanism also needs a bead of silicone around it. Also need a thick bead along the floor at the cab end. Keep going until you can turn the tub into a swimming pool- if it holds water, it should stop dust entry! Not sure if the dust seal is compatible with the tub liner- but Toyota would know. Most dust ingress occurs through the tailgate, as driving creates an area of lower air pressure in the tub, so the tub essentially becomes a vacuum and sucks dust. I spend several months in western Qld and the nt, so I’m trying to make the tub 100% dust proof!!
Merkin

Postby Merkin on Mon, 23 Apr 2018 11:12 +0000

Just some feedback after having the tango lid for few months.

The central locking has stopped working.
The touch pad used to open the lid has stopped working.
The lid flexes badly on dirt roads, which leads to sucking dust into the tub around the corners, lots of dust.

Im talking to ARB now about what my options are. Its really hasn't done much work , other than the last two weeks, which is when the lock and touchpad stopped working.
Im disappointed, as usually ARB stuff is pretty good. They need a lock in each corner to reduce the flex, rather than the lock in the middle of the tailgate.
ill keep you posted as to the outcome...
Merkin

Postby Jupey93 on Tue, 09 Oct 2018 4:15 +0000

Hi,
Just got my tango lid fit to my Hilux early this week, just had the chance to go up the highway with it and once you go over around 100/105 you get a ton of noise from the sports bar I’m assuming since either it’s been raised by the lid or spaced away from the cab too far, anyone else had any issues with this or have a solution to it? So far it’s looking likely to be removing the sports bar or modifying it so it doesnt sit so high.
Jupey93

Previous

Return to Exterior Mods