2016 hilux canvas conopy

2016 hilux canvas conopy

Postby Tonym on Wed, 14 Oct 2015 8:35 +0000

Has any one with the new model had a canvas canopy made yet? Does anyone make the frame for such a canopy and keep the sports bar on the SR5 or do you have to get them made individually and remove the sports bar. I want to put a canvas roof over the back to give the dog some shade in the sun and have sides that can be folded up or down.
Tonym

Re: 2016 hilux canvas conopy

Postby M1Tanker on Sat, 27 Feb 2016 8:21 +0000

I just purchased a new Hilux Revo (I'm in Thailand) Double Cab 4x4 2.8G AT. I'm interested in a canvas canopy as well. The one I am really interested in is the Softopper from the U.S.A. The rear and sides can be rolled up and secured and the canopy can be fully retracted. It appears to be a very flexible system. I have emailed them and provided measurements of the bed size. They have stated that they have made their canopy for the previous generation Hilux for the Caribbean and South American markets. I did not see the Toyota Hilux listed as a vehicle model under Toyota but the company representative stated that the did sell a number in those markets. The new bed dimensions are different from the previous generation. I will have to check again to see if they will even consider making one for the new generation Hilux. The Asia, Australia, and New Zealand markets are quite big in addition to the aforementioned markets for the Hilux.
M1Tanker

Postby tommmo90 on Sun, 08 May 2016 1:41 +0000

Tonym wrote:Has any one with the new model had a canvas canopy made yet? Does anyone make the frame for such a canopy and keep the sports bar on the SR5 or do you have to get them made individually and remove the sports bar. I want to put a canvas roof over the back to give the dog some shade in the sun and have sides that can be folded up or down.

Have you had any progress on this front?? My motivation for a canvas canopy seems almost identical to yours. Keen to hear if you've found any designs the work with the sport bar.
tommmo90

Postby easy on Wed, 07 Sep 2016 9:03 +0000

I would be interested also. Following
easy

Postby Buckhunter1 on Wed, 07 Sep 2016 11:49 +0000

I have a canvas canopy on my 2016 if you search "my new Hilux" you should find pics cheers
Buckhunter1

Postby M1Tanker on Thu, 08 Sep 2016 9:04 +0000

tommmo90 wrote:
Tonym wrote:Has any one with the new model had a canvas canopy made yet? Does anyone make the frame for such a canopy and keep the sports bar on the SR5 or do you have to get them made individually and remove the sports bar. I want to put a canvas roof over the back to give the dog some shade in the sun and have sides that can be folded up or down.

Have you had any progress on this front?? My motivation for a canvas canopy seems almost identical to yours. Keen to hear if you've found any designs the work with the sport bar.

I've sporadically sent emails to Softopper including what I think were sufficient dimensions of the bed and cab height. I haven't received consistent responses. I think Softopper may actually be a small company. I've been busy here in Thailand and quite possibly haven't been persistent enough. I'll try to make contact with them again.
M1Tanker

Return to Exterior Mods