Suspension Lift Kit Install Advice

Suspension Lift Kit Install Advice

Postby rjo89 on Mon, 22 Oct 2018 1:11 +0000

Hey guys,

Just bought myself a Superior Engineering 2" Adjustable Remote Reservoir Lift Kit and it got delivered today. Looks incredible, and I'll be looking at installing in my driveway over the coming weeks. Does anyone have any advice? I think I've got most of it figured out, but are there any pointers in terms of installing it that make life easier?

Link to the kit is here:
https://www.superiorengineering.com.au/ ... er=361,355
rjo89

Re: Suspension Lift Kit Install Advice

Postby Critter350 on Mon, 22 Oct 2018 5:54 +0000

Did mine a year ago so the memory is a little hazy.
Rear:
Only lift the car as high as you need to so your not fighting wheel and axle weight, and over extending brake lines.
Put the leaf in, connect the rear shackle, locate on the axle and let the car down slowly the leaf extends outward as it flattens and the front pin will line up, with a gentle pry downwards.
After the install, wind the brake load bias thing all the way up.

Front:
I used a ratchet strap to compress the strut enough to install. Don’t recommend it cos it’s dangerous, but don’t have any other suggestion either.
Check if both struts are the same length. Longer one generally on passenger side to account for LR tank and secondary battery. I don’t have either so put mine on drivers side as I’m 50% heavier than my co-pilot. Dunno if this is right but works for me.

General:
Don’t rush, take your time, stay safe.
Grease every bolt.
You’ll want a wheel alignment after a few hundred k’s. Try get some varied driving in there too to help things settle.
Retorque after 1000ks. Surprising how much you get from the U bolts.
I take photos like this to remember where bits came from:

Oh yeah and check your garage clearance before you install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Critter350

Postby rjo89 on Tue, 23 Oct 2018 4:51 +0000

Sounds good mate thanks for the advice! With the UCA bolts, did you take the nut all the way off? Or just loosen it enough to get the UCA to give way?
rjo89

Postby Critter350 on Tue, 23 Oct 2018 6:56 +0000

I replaced a bent steering knuckle at the same time, might be the reason for that photo above.
I think I just removed the hat and bottom bolt, old one came out, then compressed the new strut a little (ratchet strap) to get it in. And maybe used a jimmy bar at the bottom to line up the bottom bolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Critter350

Postby Hmansr5 on Wed, 07 Nov 2018 8:13 +0000

Hey rj089 just wondering how you went with the install of your lift kit and how did you go about with the remote res as in mounting them asking cause I have the same kit and am looking at doing the install on the weekend.do you got any pics and if so would you mind posting a couple up.
Hmansr5

Postby rjo89 on Wed, 07 Nov 2018 6:21 +0000

Hey mate,
Ended up getting mine installed by a suspension place around the corner. Apparently it was a bit of a pain to fit as the brackets that came with it weren't really up to scratch. They ended up making a 3mm plate of aluminium that was tek-screwed into the chassis in four places, then the remote reservoirs were mounted onto the plates (for the front). The rears had a plate made for under the tray (I've replaced my tub with an aluminium tray) and then mounted to that. Apparently the rears would've been easy to mount if the tub was still in place.

I'll get some photos tomorrow and upload them. Came up amazing, so high. It's like a monster truck now!
rjo89

Postby Hmansr5 on Thu, 08 Nov 2018 11:55 +0000

Thanks for the reply mate. I have been told the fronts are a pain in a** to mount I only really have a day to do the change out (working saturdays :( ). Would be great to “borrow” some of their ideas so I get it done quick.
Can’t wait till it’s in going to look awesome just have to sort out some black stuff to fill the gap now lol.
thanks heaps.
Hmansr5

Postby rjo89 on Wed, 28 Nov 2018 8:39 +0000

Hey mate, sorry for the late reply. The front mounts are a pain in the bum, the guy who installed it had to fabricate brackets for them. See attached pics. It's actually a lot more level than that picture makes it look, it must've been the angle of the road when I took the photo!!

rjo89

Postby abashii on Tue, 20 Aug 2019 6:21 +0000

G'day rjo89, what do you think of this kit now you've had it in for a while? I'm keen for one because it's adjustable and in my price range but there's not much info or feedback out there for it in ifs utes. How did you find dialling in the asjustments and do you bother changing settings for on/off road usage? Any info or opinion you can give would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
abashii

Return to Suspension