Old man emu, not happy

Re: Old man emu, not happy

Postby Jacko9 on Sun, 16 Oct 2016 9:14 +0000

TOYZX wrote:You da man roo![SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

[& arms to the air]
Jacko9

Postby dametto.1 on Sat, 26 Nov 2016 8:44 +0000

I have the same doubt as the friend who made the topic. I installed OME yesterday in my truck and I'm not satisfied with the lift. I see photos of other pickups and they look taller than mine, with the same amount of lift.

I measured the height of the truck with a meter meter and before mounting the suspension 265/60/18 tires it was 860mm high from the ground to the fender. After mounting the OME suspension I placed 275/65/18 and got 910mm from the floor to the fender, measured in the same place.

But looking does not look that whole, I'm bothered by it. When I take a photo or see the truck it seems to be original.
2016 Hilux 2.8GD A/T - Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ 275/70R18 - King Shocks - Chip DPW +40hp - LED Bar 32"
dametto.1
Platinum Subscriber

Postby TOYZX on Sun, 27 Nov 2016 2:24 +0000

Why are you measuring from the ground for starters! Ome are not a 50mm lift and if the sales guy told ya that then you have been miss led.

TOYZX

Postby taresk on Sun, 27 Nov 2016 9:05 +0000

dametto.1 wrote:I have the same doubt as the friend who made the topic. I installed OME yesterday in my truck and I'm not satisfied with the lift. I see photos of other pickups and they look taller than mine, with the same amount of lift.

I measured the height of the truck with a meter meter and before mounting the suspension 265/60/18 tires it was 860mm high from the ground to the fender. After mounting the OME suspension I placed 275/65/18 and got 910mm from the floor to the fender, measured in the same place.

But looking does not look that whole, I'm bothered by it. When I take a photo or see the truck it seems to be original.

The best way to measure is from the centre of the hub, straight up to the guard, this way it's not affected by rim size, tyre size, tyre pressure, etc. and can be directly compared regardless of what you're rolling on.

I used to work for an ARB dealership, and their suspension products almost never acheived the stated height when you used the correct springs for the application, I do remember a lot of people requesting HD upgrades because they weren't happy with the height.
I could be wrong, but I think there used to be some disclaimer from OME about them making quality suspension components, not simple lift kits as a way to cover themselves for not making those lift targets.
taresk

Postby TOYZX on Mon, 28 Nov 2016 3:55 +0000

Whoever told you it's a 2inch lift was mistaken! I currently work for them. I'm sure the book states 40mm.

TOYZX

Postby 60HAM on Mon, 28 Nov 2016 9:22 +0000

TOYZX wrote:Whoever told you it's a 2inch lift was mistaken! I currently work for them. I'm sure the book states 40mm.

Adding to this, from recent experience, they have an acceptable tolerance limit that the setup can "droop" to, which is all correct to their marketing. Its just disappointing when you are mislead from sales staff who don't know their product.
The ride and quality of the product though is amazing. OME spend a lot of time on r&d and testing to get the valving right.

I recently went through drama's with my the OME Nitrocharger Sports fitted to my SR5. I negotiated to upgrade to BP-51's which we are going to customise the setup; ride height, dampening, alignment, etc specifically to what i would like.
I know they are quite expensive, but i am happy with spending the $$ cause no other brand offers the adjustsbility the BP-51s have.
60HAM

Previous

Return to Suspension