2wd Dual Cab front suspension replacement

2wd Dual Cab front suspension replacement

Postby PC_Master_Race on Fri, 04 Mar 2016 6:53 +0000

Hi all,

Look like my RH front suspension strut might be starting to weep a bit of oil :( .... degreased it last night, if any more appears then I'll know for sure.
Planning ahead now for the replacement kit up front.

Have considered the following four set ups:

- Dobinson Coil AND Dobinson Strut

- Stock Coil and Dobinson Strut

- Lovells Coil and Sachs Strut (have Sachs dampers on the rear and have had no dramas in the past year, BUT they are obviously next to the leafs, which are firm enough that the dampers would be doing little to no work).

- Stock Coil and Sachs Strut

I don't want to make my ride to much firmer, as I feel I would be opening myself up to a new world of issues down the track if the ute was taking harder impacts over time, due to less being absorbed by the coils. I am hoping that the mechanic tells me the stock coils haven't sagged too much.... But in the event that they have, does anybody have suggestions for replacement coils that won't be too much harsher? Also, what are your thoughts on the struts I have mentioned? Bilstein don't do struts for my 2wd, and I probably wouldn't be able to afford them anyway. As for the coils, new OEMs are out of the question, as Toyota want $408 for a pair! :lol:

Any advice appreciated :)
PC_Master_Race

Re: 2wd Dual Cab front suspension replacement

Postby knoxy on Tue, 15 Mar 2016 10:31 +0000

Well, going off the forum you've posted it in, your car should really be well in warranty.

If you've posted in the wrong forum and your car is an 05-14 model, then hop on eBay. Brand new OEM suspension sells for dirt cheap, including shackles, leaves, coils, struts etc. Its all from people who've bought the car and taken in straight to another shop of suspension. Just buy that and away you go.

Cheers
09 Dual Cab SR: Stallion Tray | ARB Winch Bar | Warn 9500 Winch | Ultimate 3" lift| Narva Ultima 225 | Snorkel |MR Diff-Relocation | 32" BFG A/Ts +0 offset| Flares |
knoxy

Return to Suspension