Lift Kit, New wheels and all terrain tryes

Need something to get you rolling?

Lift Kit, New wheels and all terrain tryes

Postby ReeceK on Mon, 28 May 2018 3:15 +0000

Hi all, I'm new to this forum so sorry if this has already been asked.

I've recently purchased a 2017 SR5 extra cab 2.8 and want to do some modifications to it, this is my first 4WD usually used for work however its also used for when i take it offroad for target shooting. Although I don't do any major off-roading Im rocking 18 inch factory rims at the moment and despite letting air pressure down it rides very rough whenever its taken offroad (I don't expect comfort from a hilux however I'd still like to improve it). I'm thinking off getting a 1 inch lift , going down to 17 inch rims and getting some decent all terrain tryes, Just wondering if anyone could suggest how much I should be looking at price wise what brands I should choose/avoid and who I should do this through as ARB seems to charge alot for there products. Thanks for any help in advance

Regards,

Reece
ReeceK

Re: Lift Kit, New wheels and all terrain tryes

Postby iller on Tue, 29 May 2018 5:33 +0000

for tyres i would def go with bfgoodrich ta ko2's. love mine, hardly any wear and as always you get what you pay for. Only downside to them is that they are a little bit slippery in wet conditions on highway etc, but as long as one doesn't drive like a nut you are all good.
iller

Postby Terror on Wed, 30 May 2018 9:36 +0000

Happy with my BFG KO2's also. If they are too expensive you could look at Hankook Dynapro mud tyres. These are really good all round tyres, the only thing I could fault them on was they got a bit noisey on the high way after about 30-40,000k's.

I would just do a 2" lift or don't bother at all, 1" is only about 25mm, which is hardly anything.
Terror

Postby ReeceK on Fri, 01 Jun 2018 6:05 +0000

Thanks for the suggestions, looks like I'll be going with the BFG KO2'S. now just need to find a reputable shop to get a lift installed
ReeceK

Return to Tyres & Wheels