2011 SR 2WD Toyota Hilux 3.0D - wheel size + suspension kit

Need something to get you rolling?

2011 SR 2WD Toyota Hilux 3.0D - wheel size + suspension kit

Postby makeamends00 on Mon, 04 Nov 2019 11:37 +0000

Planning on upgrading my stock suspension in my 2011 SR 2WD Toyota Hilux 3.0D with this new suspension kit:

http://www.ironman4x4.com/category-products/suspension/suspension-kits?page=65

Can anyone provide advice on what size wheels I can upgrade to (width + diameter) without causing any big problems, vehicle specs below:

https://www.carsguide.com.au/toyota/hilux/price/2011/sr?id=JFTMU5UT

Any help much appreciated!
makeamends00
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 10:59 +0000
Location: Tasmania


 

Re: 2011 SR 2WD Toyota Hilux 3.0D - wheel size + suspension

Postby m sciffer on Mon, 04 Nov 2019 2:14 +0000

hi there
I own a 2wd Hilux 2010 I put 20 inch x40 tyres on mine I changed the rubber and went to 20 inch x50 which rubs also I than put 30mm lift in the front fix the problem of rubbing under the guards but rubs on the frame which I can live with the speedo is 10km out on my speedo .this also raisers the car up ,Iam happy with it.
m sciffer
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 4:01 +0000
Location: grafton nsw

Re: 2011 SR 2WD Toyota Hilux 3.0D - wheel size + suspension

Postby makeamends00 on Tue, 05 Nov 2019 5:46 +0000

m sciffer wrote:hi there
I own a 2wd Hilux 2010 I put 20 inch x40 tyres on mine I changed the rubber and went to 20 inch x50 which rubs also I than put 30mm lift in the front fix the problem of rubbing under the guards but rubs on the frame which I can live with the speedo is 10km out on my speedo .this also raisers the car up ,Iam happy with it.


Thanks for the help, so what was the total diameter in inches?
makeamends00
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 10:59 +0000
Location: Tasmania

Re: 2011 SR 2WD Toyota Hilux 3.0D - wheel size + suspension

Postby m sciffer on Tue, 05 Nov 2019 2:34 +0000

hi there
the diameter is 30 inches and 10 inches wide my revs sit at 1750 on 100km per hour and it is a v6 4 ltr
m sciffer
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 4:01 +0000
Location: grafton nsw

Re: 2011 SR 2WD Toyota Hilux 3.0D - wheel size + suspension

Postby makeamends00 on Wed, 06 Nov 2019 4:38 +0000

m sciffer wrote:hi there
I own a 2wd Hilux 2010 I put 20 inch x40 tyres on mine I changed the rubber and went to 20 inch x50 which rubs also I than put 30mm lift in the front fix the problem of rubbing under the guards but rubs on the frame which I can live with the speedo is 10km out on my speedo .this also raisers the car up ,Iam happy with it.


my stocks wheels and tyres are 15x6 inches with 205x70 R15 = approx 24" in total - if I go with a new Iron Man Suspension Kit approx 50mm (2") lift + the difference between a 24" and 30" = approx 8" difference between stock and new - whats your thoughts on this?
makeamends00
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 10:59 +0000
Location: Tasmania

Re: 2011 SR 2WD Toyota Hilux 3.0D - wheel size + suspension

Postby m sciffer on Thu, 07 Nov 2019 2:50 +0000

hi there
the rear of my tabletop the wheels are fine with the tyre size increase 20x50x255 but the front sloping down which is normal , I had the guards rolled and the rubbing was still there so I purchased 30mm king springs and yes this fixed the under guard rubbing but the tyres still just rubs the frame, the car now sits level and it does not look dicky with the small wheel look . if you put 20x255x40 these tyres will not rub the guards or frame and speed error is about 5kmh more . and my tyres are on road tread .if you have a tub I do not know about the space under the guards in the rear . hope this helps you and good luck,
m sciffer
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 4:01 +0000
Location: grafton nsw

Re: 2011 SR 2WD Toyota Hilux 3.0D - wheel size + suspension

Postby makeamends00 on Thu, 07 Nov 2019 4:51 +0000

m sciffer wrote:hi there
the rear of my tabletop the wheels are fine with the tyre size increase 20x50x255 but the front sloping down which is normal , I had the guards rolled and the rubbing was still there so I purchased 30mm king springs and yes this fixed the under guard rubbing but the tyres still just rubs the frame, the car now sits level and it does not look dicky with the small wheel look . if you put 20x255x40 these tyres will not rub the guards or frame and speed error is about 5kmh more . and my tyres are on road tread .if you have a tub I do not know about the space under the guards in the rear . hope this helps you and good luck,


Thanks heaps!
makeamends00
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 10:59 +0000
Location: Tasmania

Re: 2011 SR 2WD Toyota Hilux 3.0D - wheel size + suspension

Postby makeamends00 on Tue, 03 Dec 2019 8:28 +0000

m sciffer wrote:hi there
the diameter is 30 inches and 10 inches wide my revs sit at 1750 on 100km per hour and it is a v6 4 ltr


and whats the rim offset? any recommendations on 7", 8", 9" or 10" width? what's going to cause the least amount of issues, and whats the benefits?
makeamends00
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 10:59 +0000
Location: Tasmania


Return to Tyres & Wheels

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest