Flooded Interior

Flooded Interior

Postby pumba on Sat, 16 Sep 2017 3:37 +0000

Long time listener, first time caller. Gen 8 Hilux SR5

Anyway, had a bit of fun in the Hilux the other day, went through a deep bog hole, got stuck STUPID ME opened the door without looking and SWOOSH >> Tsunami in through the door :lol:

It's not to bad, just ended up flooding the interior RIGHT HAND SIDE about half inch, in grey stank mud.

Just curious, has anyone ever removed the floor carpet? Any tips or how-to's? Im guessing I had to unbolt the seats and all :(

The best I've done so far is remove all the door seals/trim and been able to wipe just under the edges of the carpet.

ALSO any other tips for cleaning/drying the inside? My previous vehicle was a Wrangler and when this happened I literally pulled out the carpet, washed the inside out using a hose and replaced my rubber floor mats, left the carpet out. There was a bit of road noise but the ease of clean was the benefit.
pumba

Re: Flooded Interior

Postby Mattya on Tue, 03 Oct 2017 11:21 +0000

Sounds like you've got it sorted, that amount of water isn't really much anyway. You'd be surprised at how wet the felt underlay gets from any water crossing that's deeper than the floor pan.
I sank my lux up to my waist the other week, so don't feel too bad haha. It's a good excuse to pull the carpet out for a pressure wash and it's like new again.
Im Always On The Edge, It Only The Sharpness That Varys.
Mattya
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Tips & Tricks