Disable the seat belt and key in ignition alarms!

Re: Disable the seat belt and key in ignition alarms!

Postby Phrancis on Tue, 08 Jan 2019 2:20 +0000

4ly-syk
which scan tool did you use & where can I get one?
Phrancis

Postby 4ly-syk on Tue, 15 Jan 2019 8:12 +0000

I used a launch
But most tools will do it

Trchstream with a Mongoose cable will work as well

Ebqy

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
4ly-syk

Postby Bushwalker8 on Wed, 16 Jan 2019 2:36 +0000

I disabled the seat belt alarm in my SR using Techstream but this setting then left the red seatbelt light on in the dash presumably as an alternative warning and that was more annoying. I reset back to standard to disable the light and went back to removing the plug under the seat.
Bushwalker8

Postby Vince2018 on Wed, 16 Jan 2019 4:00 +0000

Bob1289 wrote:
Qwerty wrote:Here's how in the software menu (well , 2005 - 2015 models anyway), I'd imagine it's still possible on the 2015+ model ;

Step 1. Turn ignition on and set trip to "ODO'
Step 2. Turn ignition off
Step 3. Turn on again and within 5 seconds, press and hold the tirp reset button
Step 4. After holding in the trip reset button for 10 seconds fasten the drivers seatbelt. The display should read "b-on"
Step 5. Release the trip reset button then press it again. The display should now read "b-off"
Step 6. Now turn the ignition off and release the seatbelt.
Step 7. The annoying beeper is now disabled.
Please note: If you disconnect the battery for a period of time then the beeper will be re-enabled and you will have to disable it as above again.

I tried this on the new Hilux with no luck. Has anyone else got this to work??

Does Not work on late 2018 models as well, just turns off Eco Mode?
Vince2018

Postby ackky on Mon, 01 Apr 2019 12:03 +0000

I know this post is quite old, but my 2007 model only chimes for a few minutes and then only flashes the dash lights, which I find quite handy and safe. For example if I am off road and opening and closing gates I will leave the seatbelt off, but heading onto the road I want clear warning obviously. But off road there is little need for warnings or seat belts when driving short distances and low speeds. Perhaps because I am travelling a low speed the chime turns off?

But at high speed why would you want to turn off the chime/warning on the seat belt? Would it not be important to know immediately that the seatbelt is not secured properly? i.e. not clicked in properly?

I am merely questioning if different models have different behaviour, or perhaps whether the car/s behave differently at different conditions....not questioning people's decisions. I have driven cars that are absolutely downright annoying and having driven them, would never own them....and seems me to that Toyota have been very considerate with the chime and warnings on my 2007 model.
ackky

Postby TOYZX on Mon, 01 Apr 2019 7:07 +0000

Nah mate thats how it work. It eventually just goes to a flashing light.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
TOYZX

Previous

Return to Tips & Tricks