2016 SR5 - Auto Lights Sensitivity.

Re: 2016 SR5 - Auto Lights Sensitivity.

Postby Sartor on Thu, 07 Mar 2019 4:52 +0000

Thanks, PinzVidz!
Sartor

Postby bop on Fri, 29 Mar 2019 4:30 +0000

yes i can confirm mine is totally fixed now by the clear lens mod which has been on for a few months, it's something i don't even have to think about now, the auto lights behave exactly as i believe they should, auto lights are a great idea but they drove me crazy in their standard configuration, almost to the point where I doubted whether I wanted the vehicle any more, if it was a 'sorry son this is just how they are these days' scenario.
bop

Postby allanj on Sun, 30 Jun 2019 8:38 +0000

Thanks Piratepete,

I like to be in control of my own headlights & every time I start my vehicle (2015 SR5) in the garage headlights are on.
Followed your procedure & after quite a few attempts got it right, all good & set at -40. So thanks again for a very handy procedure that I am sure the dealer would want an exorbitant fee for.

Piratepete wrote:Ok. So don't be upset if you don't get it the first time.

1) switch ignition to on
2) make sure dimmer switch is in lowbeam and not pushed forward into constant high beam
3) turn light switch onto parker setting

4) turn ignition off
5)Hold headlights into highbeam
6)While highbeam is pulled on, turn to headlight than back to parker ( not auto) 5 times

7)Release high beam
( the headlamps will flash in relation to what setting they are currently set on. It should flash 3 times with the setting being 0 )( if they don't flash you and not in the settings.)

8) Hold highbeam on again and turn between headlight and parker setting.

The number of times you turn it will vary the sensitivity.
Once -40
Twice -20
Three 0
Four +20
Five +40

9) Once you have turned between headlamps and parker for your desired preference release the highbeam.

The headlamps will flash for the number that you have selected.

And once it flashes say once, you are all complete :) :)

I personally have mine set to -40 and find it perfect but if you want to try -20 give it a shot.

Now bend over touch your toes while turning your head in circles. :P

allanj

Postby RodA on Wed, 11 Sep 2019 8:17 +0000

Also fitted the clear lens, took around 15 minutes with a bit of fiddly stuff but the result is great.
    The headlights only come on during the day when going under a wide bridge or in traffic when stopped under a bridge etc. Night activation is around sunset.
    RodA

Previous

Return to Tips & Tricks