New 2010 owner questions!

Gearboxs, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

New 2010 owner questions!

Postby archangel on Sun, 21 Mar 2021 5:55 +0000

Hi

Just purchased my first Hilux, moving on from a Pajero (which was actually excellent). Wanted a diesel.

New hilux has a 3 inch lift, 32" AT's, steel snorkle and is a dual cab. It has an ARB compressor already installed, so my big questions are...

I want to diff lock (used to the centre lock on the Paj). Should I keep it in the family and get two ARB air lockers (any ideas of an install price? OR should I look at another diff lock option?
Any recommendations on mods/upgrades I should start with?
Uses for me will be towing the family camper trailer, and hunting (Vic high country). No crazy rock climbing, but I want to make sure I can go where I need.

Appreciate any feedback!

Cheers, Nate
archangel

Re: New 2010 owner questions!

Postby martynvella on Mon, 22 Mar 2021 5:24 +0000

Be wiser to spend the coin on a set of new injectors, timing belt kit and water pump if yours are of unknown age.
These things will stop you dead in your tracks no matter how good your traction is.
Hiluxs are suprisingly capable stock, should already have a LSD in the rear. Try it out, upgrade if you need to not just in case you might need to.
Your hilux will always be a hilux, if you need it to be a landcruiser, sell it and buy a cruiser it will be cheaper.
martynvella

Return to Drive Train Components