DPF active Vs forced regen

Turbo, Manifolds, Exhaust, Intercooler, Internals etc

Re: DPF active Vs forced regen

Postby Chopps on Thu, 16 Nov 2023 6:08 +0000

[Mod note - post deleted. Personal attacks are not appropriate on this forum. There is enough division in the country].
Chopps

Postby Gipsy on Thu, 16 Nov 2023 7:23 +0000

Thanks Chopps it's very much appreciated ;)
Cheers Gipsy :D although I'm sure somebody will challenge that :lol: even Einstein wasn't certain of his theories.
My 2013 auto D4D DC SR5, prefilter, 3" exhaust and Chip with egt probe, stock SR5 rims with Toyo Open Country AT2 265/65R/17's
Gipsy

Postby Bushwalker8 on Fri, 17 Nov 2023 7:04 +0000

I would be listening to whoever raised the obvious known issue with the device
with similar symptoms and first eliminating that as a potential root cause. Basic 101 troubleshooting.
Bushwalker8

Postby Gipsy on Fri, 17 Nov 2023 7:42 +0000

Expert troubleshooting :lol:
As an expert troubleshooter you may have read the original post and noticed the ECU software was updated, so i assume the 5th injector was also so therefore the problem was elsewhere... Which an expert would have understood :? Most if not all the issues related to the extensive modification and a lack of understanding by the owner/operator. This string of threads began with the owner indicating that an oil change must be done after a regen. This of course is incorrect. This $htstorm is what happens when someone with a big ego jumps in boots and all in the middle of a conversation.
Cheers Gipsy :D although I'm sure somebody will challenge that :lol: even Einstein wasn't certain of his theories.
My 2013 auto D4D DC SR5, prefilter, 3" exhaust and Chip with egt probe, stock SR5 rims with Toyo Open Country AT2 265/65R/17's
Gipsy

Postby Bushwalker8 on Fri, 17 Nov 2023 11:30 +0000

Gipsy wrote: you may have read the original post and noticed the ECU software was updated, so i assume the 5th injector was also so therefore the problem was elsewhere...

Bad assumption, there is nothing to support jumping to that conclusion. To the contrary, what was actually said tends to indicate quite the opposite:

buck972 wrote: So the tune dyno seemed good (tuner advised the DPF was at 100% and done a regen) & the new updated 2023 DPF regen software installed.

* The was no mention at all confirming any of the components (5th injector housing or DPF catalyst) were upgraded.
    * And if a regen was done because the DPF was at 100% it more tends to imply that component may actually have been retained.
    * The OP does not confirm who installed the regen software, or whether it was legitimate.
    * The OP mentions the regen software in the same sentence referencing the tuners work and so creates further doubt.
    * And nothing there mentions a dealer. Or how a dealer correctly updating the ECU with valid code deconflicted with the tuners ECU work and therefore what is actually in there now.
The OP concluded his post with an open question how he could reduce fuel consumption (mentioned 3 times) and excessive burn times. Re-read it.

So Cure was very astute and correct in suggesting this needs to be checked out.

It would be appreciated if you could stop personally attacking people just because they disagree with you.
Bushwalker8

Postby Gipsy on Fri, 17 Nov 2023 12:49 +0000

Unbelievable!

So tell me... Just who else has the capacity to upgrade the regen software other than Toyota?
If you take the time to read my response to the OP you will see that I mentioned a few different reasons in combination were POSSIBLY the cause of his issues. It took you 2 weeks to jump in with your size 9's attacking me and my post. Pity that you can't make any rational comments, just make personal attacks.
Gipsy

Postby Bushwalker8 on Fri, 17 Nov 2023 2:20 +0000

Gipsy wrote: So tell me... Just who else has the capacity to upgrade the regen software other than Toyota?

Good...as a genuine open question, we don't know what he had done or by whom. So rather than jump to another unsubstantiated & closed conclusion that question remains open.

I've questioned accuracies in your statements that relevant to the OP's issue and provided the substantiation. What personal attack was made?

And is there a forum rule relating to <2 week window for responses you could help us with or am I missing something else relevant here?

The shoe size assumption is correct.
Bushwalker8

Postby Cardy59 on Wed, 20 Dec 2023 9:28 +0000

I recommend the delete with a remap. Done 180000ks without it and never had any dramas. The extra power and great fuel consumption has been awesome and you’ll never have to worry about an intake clean. Oh and Gypsy we’re a bit over your constant 2 cents worth on the N80
Cardy59

Previous

Return to Engines