EGR & full intake clean

Turbo, Manifolds, Exhaust, Intercooler, Internals etc

EGR & full intake clean

Postby buck972 on Fri, 27 Oct 2023 12:36 +0000

So I have just completed a full clean of my EGR & intake, I took a bunch of pics on my phone and put a bit of a reference to post in a word doc, then look up how to post pics, way to hard, so if some on wants this information to post for me & is savvy with how to post this as a reference I can send it (admins ???) it can be of use to those contemplating this somewhat painful job, and give some sort of guidance of how to do it on a 1GD-FTV
buck972

Re: EGR & full intake clean

Postby buck972 on Mon, 30 Oct 2023 1:50 +0000

So further to the above Post, a couple of points
- after a Regen its recommended to do an oil change, a forced Regen adds fuel and this can get into your oil causing oil dilution, my take is oil is cheaper than an engine replacement / rebuild
- Use the correct grade oil specifically suited for DPF suitable oil (C2) full synthetic, a lot mineral oil will destroy your DPF quick smart, I personally use genuine oil from Toyota but I am sure there heaps of equivalents if not superior oils available.
buck972

Postby Gipsy on Tue, 31 Oct 2023 4:49 +0000

Where did you hear/read that about an oil change after regen? Regen happens frequently automatically in the 1gd engine, it's part of the ECU system. I'm sure it would be in the owners manual if it were required and Toyota would make a gazillion in service charges if it was required. Oil change every 500klm?? I would be surprised. I suggest you read the following article; particularly the systematic on how dpf works.

https://www.drive.com.au/caradvice/toyo ... d-to-know/
Cheers Gipsy :D although I'm sure somebody will challenge that :lol: even Einstein wasn't certain of his theories.
My 2013 auto D4D DC SR5, prefilter, 3" exhaust and Chip with egt probe, stock SR5 rims with Toyo Open Country AT2 265/65R/17's
Gipsy

Postby buck972 on Fri, 03 Nov 2023 10:23 +0000

This is more specifically targeted at Manual forced regen, any information search on this will provide the same information and advise to replace the Oil
buck972

Postby buck972 on Fri, 03 Nov 2023 10:24 +0000

This is more specifically targeted at Manual forced regen, any information search on this will provide the same information and advise to replace the Oil
buck972

Postby Gipsy on Fri, 03 Nov 2023 1:34 +0000

Still can't see how a regen puts fuel into the sump/crankcase! As you may have read, regen is done entirely in the exhaust system via the 5th injector so nowhere near the engine and after exhaust leaves the combustion chamber. But yes manufacturers have been forced into fitting a dpf which as you say elsewhere and correctly, uses much more fuel in the regen process. That's why I still have my N70 and will keep it until it dies a natural death ;) All this 'new' technology is in my view, a giant leap backwards. My N70 is in for smash repairs (someone else's fault) and the hire car replacement offered, wait for it... Is a 2022 Audi Q5 with all the bells and whistles including adblue crap and I hate it, can't wait to get my N70 back. :roll:
An example of Artificial intelligence technology bs... Driving along the highway when a bug hit the sensors telling the system I was about to have a head-on crash, put hazard lights on, brakes on and almost took over the steering for me... But there was no other traffic to hit... So much for whizz-bang technology. :roll: I'd rather take my chances with my own driving competency :?

Sorry for the off-topic rant but (no I'm not a Luddite) all this 'new' technology is of questionable value. :o
Cheers Gipsy :D although I'm sure somebody will challenge that :lol: even Einstein wasn't certain of his theories.
My 2013 auto D4D DC SR5, prefilter, 3" exhaust and Chip with egt probe, stock SR5 rims with Toyo Open Country AT2 265/65R/17's
Gipsy

Return to Engines