Dpf removal tips

Turbo, Manifolds, Exhaust, Intercooler, Internals etc

Re: Dpf removal tips

Postby Cardy59 on Sat, 31 Aug 2019 7:05 +0000

jimO wrote:
Cardy59 wrote:Well I’m prepared to take that risk TOYZX. I was sick of constantly battling with Toyota about smoke and poor fuel economy, for them to tell me every time “we’ve done a regen it should be good now” I now get 1000ks instead of 750 from a tank with a sh#t load more power. Good luck finding me!

probably find you on the side of the road in a cloud of smoke

Haters always gonna hate!
Cardy59

Postby oggy on Sat, 31 Aug 2019 7:28 +0000

So. Will that mean the lawless state of Victoria will finally be dragged into the 21st century and have annual roadworthies too?? Towards zero....how bout you start by getting the piles of shìt of the road Dan the man.
Occupational health and safety officers..Stop messin with Darwin's theory of natural selection... Stupid hippies.

Oggy's build viewtopic.php?f=41&t=19033
oggy

Postby TOYZX on Sat, 31 Aug 2019 9:03 +0000

I reckon 90percent of us on here would have something illegal or unroadworthy on our rigs amd we do so at our own risk. How many of us with older rigs are getting around with no CAT! I don't have enough fingers to count the defects on mine! One business in my town is freely advertising that they do dpf removals and tunes and they do so at their own risk just like the rest of us! Don't shoot the messenger!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
TOYZX

Postby ggreenie on Sun, 01 Sep 2019 3:05 +0000

TOYZX wrote:Good mate of mine owns the local exhaust shop had a call from the epa yesterday hunting for info on customers and shops removing dpfs! Told him there is a huge investigation gpin on at the moment, business will be fined up to 100k per offence and maybe some time away, owners of the vehicles will be fined 5k min.

I call BS on that whole story anyway. These anecdotal reports of “a mate of a mate who spoke to a guy” are endless. There’s never any first hand reliable info of any kind, just forum experts and their internet stories. Tell us when something tangible actually happens.
ggreenie

Postby TOYZX on Sun, 01 Sep 2019 4:38 +0000

So you're either calling me a liar or you think for some reason someone would call one of my closest mates pretending to be from the epa! What would I benefit from making something like that up!

TOYZX

Postby DeadlyBeast on Sun, 01 Sep 2019 6:24 +0000

Cant smell any BS at all
Its well known that NSW have led the way with emission regulation
It could become a big cash cow as it appears nothing has been done to prevent companies from providing DPF deletes or owners for getting it done for years
Interesting to see many companies still openly offer DPFDs on their web sites

These guys should know a thing or two with over 30 years experience in the industry
https://www.dpfaustralia.com.au/blog/4-good-reasons-not-to-tamper-with-your-dpf/
DeadlyBeast

Postby ggreenie on Sun, 01 Sep 2019 6:41 +0000

TOYZX wrote:So you're either calling me a liar or you think for some reason someone would call one of my closest mates pretending to be from the epa! What would I benefit from making something like that up!

Not that at all mate. I’ve just heard pretty much the same thing numerous times over the last several years. The claimed fines vary a bit but it’s always the same story; “a mate who spoke to a guy” or something similar. Never anything official, never any kind of proof attached, never any detail.
ggreenie

Postby berniecam on Sun, 01 Sep 2019 6:44 +0000

DeadlyBeast wrote:Cant smell any BS at all
Its well known that NSW have led the way with emission regulation
It could become a big cash cow as it appears nothing has been done to prevent companies from providing DPF deletes or owners for getting it done for years
Interesting to see many companies still openly offer DPFDs on their web sites

These guys should know a thing or two with over 30 years experience in the industry
https://www.dpfaustralia.com.au/blog/4-good-reasons-not-to-tamper-with-your-dpf/

Yep well that says it all-----Abandon all hope ye who enter into here. :cry:
berniecam

Postby Gipsy on Mon, 02 Sep 2019 6:50 +0000

Ggreenie, bit harsh with the bs mate! Rumours on the grapevine are not always to be dismissed. But I guess you can lead a horse to water.... And then they call bs and die of thirst :shock: :lol:
Logic tells me the EPA and government will do something about it, as said before.... Just a matter of time :?
Cheers Gipsy :D although I'm sure somebody will challenge that :lol: even Einstein wasn't certain of his theories.
My 2013 auto D4D DC SR5, prefilter, 3" exhaust and Chip with egt probe, stock SR5 rims with Toyo Open Country AT2 265/65R/17's
Gipsy

Previous

Return to Engines