Manual DPF regeneration with scanguage2 / Torque.

Turbo, Manifolds, Exhaust, Intercooler, Internals etc

Re: Manual DPF regeneration with scanguage2 / Torque.

Postby axle1 on Fri, 20 Oct 2017 5:17 +0000

Just wondering can you activate this manual burn when you are driving or does it have to be done While your
Stanionary ?
axle1

Postby numberplate on Sat, 21 Oct 2017 5:49 +0000

I would only trigger it while stationary , pressing buttons to go through the menu to trigger one will be distracting while driving
numberplate

Postby axle1 on Thu, 26 Oct 2017 3:57 +0000

Let me put this another way . Can you activate the dpf burn from your scan gauge and then drive while it is doing it ?
Cheers
axle1

Postby numberplate on Thu, 26 Oct 2017 4:45 +0000

yes you can definitly do that.
numberplate

Postby davico on Thu, 26 Oct 2017 1:49 +0000

numberplate wrote:yes you can definitly do that.

Really? I didn't think so.
In fact, I think hitting the accelerator during the manual burn cancels it.
I believe I read this in the workshop manual on the toyotamanuals.com.au website (paid).
I might have saved/printed it I'll see if I can find it.

Dave

PS. I have never tried it, so if numberplate has and is certain it works, I guess that’s the last word.
davico

Postby numberplate on Thu, 26 Oct 2017 4:17 +0000

Ive only tried it once , straight after inputting the scanguage manual burn sequence that was posted up. Might be just a coincidence that the car was due for a programmed burn at the same time but it definitly went through the whole cycle. This was just before the sequence for the DPF % was posted up.
I know that switching off the engine cancels a manual burn.
numberplate

Postby axle1 on Sun, 10 Dec 2017 4:58 +0000

Here's just something I tried if anyones interested.
I noticed on the last couple of burn's ( that the seemed to take longer than normal to complete ) that when it got down
to the 10% mark it struggled to get down to the 6% mark it usually hit , it flicked down to 8% and back to 10% a few times then finshed on 8% . But straight away after the burn was finished went back up to 10% and increased quickly up to 18% .
so I pulled over and started a manual burn from my scan gauge as that started I flicked the accelerator to cancell it .
( what this does is it puts the dpf level back 100% ) . So driving off now it started another burn , this burn took half the time of the last couple and the burn finished with the dpf level at 2% . Since doing this its improved fuel economy and
the dpf doesnt fill as quick and it burns back to the 6% with ease .
axle1

Postby Bschotty on Sun, 10 Dec 2017 6:06 +0000

As soon as you start driving it cancels the manual regen but keeps going with your 'standard' burn off'. Ive done this a couple of times when I knew I was going to do a long drive and wanted to trigger a burn.
My burns only trigger when the DPF % is at 100%. I. Wondering if the scangauge PID for this is actually the reading from the pressure gauges or just the readout of the calculated accumulation from the algorithm it uses to calculate a burn based on travel distance etc...
Bschotty

Postby silver_xe on Mon, 05 Mar 2018 9:18 +0000

davico wrote:Hi all,

It is possible to initiate a manual DPF burn using basic OBD2 tools.

See these links for details:
http://www.pradopoint.com.au/showthread ... -OBD-tools
and:
https://www.fortunerforum.com.au/forum/ ... bd2-dongle

Note that we haven't tried this on a hilux yet, but given that it works on Fortuner and Prado, I'd give it a 99.99% chance.

Brief instructions:

To manually start a DPF burn:
- In the android Torque application a custom button can be created for this command containing the OBD command data 30 29 06 01 01
- In the ScanGauge a custom command/message can be added containing 3029060101

DPF Level Guage:

You can create a guage for SG2 or Torque to display the DPF accumulation level just as a workshop scan tool does.
The details for SG2 are:

TXD: 07E02138
RXF: 032104780000
RXD: 4008
MTH: 000200010000
NAME: DPA (or whatever)

For Torque, I believe you can set the PID to 2138, and the equation to J*2. That's it.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I am a Newby to this scangauge stuff. I have a Scanguage 2 and a N80 Hilux, Can you explain the DPF codes for me? What is TXD, RXF,RXD and MTH?

I have found where to enter custom codes but in what fields to i enter these codes?

Thanks,
Michael.
silver_xe

Postby numberplate on Mon, 05 Mar 2018 3:28 +0000

if you look through the scanguage manual it will show you how to input the individual codes. Once they are in you can scroll through the individual guages and display the ones you want. For example i only display EGT ( ex temp ) , DPF temp , coolant temp and boost.
the TXD RXF etc are the commands sent to the ECU , returned from the ECU , and the equation used by the scanguage to give you an answer. thats the way i understand it.

by those codes you are telling the scanguage what values you want to display from all thats available.
numberplate

Postby silver_xe on Mon, 05 Mar 2018 6:32 +0000

Worked it out thanks. Has anyone looked at something like the Edge Insight CTS2? they look good but not sure whether you can get readings such as the DPF etc.
silver_xe

Postby Cristianmejia on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 8:10 +0000

numberplate wrote:if you look through the scanguage manual it will show you how to input the individual codes. Once they are in you can scroll through the individual guages and display the ones you want. For example i only display EGT ( ex temp ) , DPF temp , coolant temp and boost.
the TXD RXF etc are the commands sent to the ECU , returned from the ECU , and the equation used by the scanguage to give you an answer. thats the way i understand it.

by those codes you are telling the scanguage what values you want to display from all thats available.

Hi numberplate, do you happen to have codes for the dpf temp and boost?
Cheers in advance
Cristianmejia

Postby numberplate on Sat, 14 Apr 2018 4:29 +0000

Diesel Particulate Filter Temp ( DPF )
TXD 07DF0178
RXF 032100000000
RXD 2010
MTH 0001000AFFD8

To activate the boost gauge go to ADVANCED SETTINGS / MANIFOLD PRESSURE METHOD and change it to BOOST
numberplate

Postby grunf on Wed, 23 May 2018 5:38 +0000

Hi gents,

I am trying to set this up on Torque Pro app used on Samsung Galaxy phone.
Could someone explain how to set it up please as I am hopeless with this :|
18 SR auto, Bullbar, winch, Snorkel, Towbar, TowPro, Stedi LED’s, Dobinsons GVM upgrade, Steel tray, Aluminium Canopy, ARB on-board air compressor, Diff breathers, BFG MT KM3 265/70-R17, Uneek4x4 rocksliders, Frontier LR fuel tank etc
grunf

Postby grunf on Thu, 07 Jun 2018 5:37 +0000

Anyone :?
18 SR auto, Bullbar, winch, Snorkel, Towbar, TowPro, Stedi LED’s, Dobinsons GVM upgrade, Steel tray, Aluminium Canopy, ARB on-board air compressor, Diff breathers, BFG MT KM3 265/70-R17, Uneek4x4 rocksliders, Frontier LR fuel tank etc
grunf

Postby GleamingShadow on Thu, 07 Jun 2018 8:43 +0000

grunf wrote:Hi gents,

Not 100% sure which bit you want to do, the following to for setting up a manual regen button.

From Torque's main screen go to Realtime Information, that will take you to all your/the gauges etc.
Find a clear space and press and hold for a few seconds. A menu titled Item Options will appear, with the button below Add display, tap this.

You will be presented with a list of all available displays, scroll right to the bottom and you will see Push Button, tap this. It will then present another list of button types, you want Send OBD Command. Upon selecting this it will place the button on the screen, allowing you to position it where you want it, proceed to do so.

Once positioned, press and hold over the button for a few seconds, a menu will appear. Tap Display Configuration, then Set command to send.
In the following dialogue, enter: 30 29 06 01 01
Then tap OK.

After doing that, go back to the Display Configuration menu and tap Change title and name it "Regen" or something meaning.

If you just want to display DPF accumulation percentage then:

From the Torque homescreen, tap the Setting Cog in the lower left of the screen, followed by Settings.
Then from the following list choose Manage extra PIDs/Sensors. Then tap the overflow menu in the top right (3 vertically stacked dots), and choose Add custom PID.
You will be presented with the PID editor screen.
In the very first field enter: 2138
This is the DPF accumulation PID.
Under long name enter: DPF Accumulation
Short name: DPF.
Minimum Value: 0
Maximum Value: 100
Scale Factor: 1.0
Unit type: %
Equation: J*2

The tap OK.

Return to your gauges: Realtime Information.
Tap and hold, Add display. Choose whatever type of display you like that can display a number or a range.
Once you have selected a display, a list of sensors will show up. Look for "DPF Accumulation" or whatever you entered as its long name, and select it.
It will ask you for display size, choose what is appropriate for you.
You can then position the display as you wish.
And your done!
GleamingShadow

Postby grunf on Thu, 07 Jun 2018 9:17 +0000

Legend!!!!!!

If you ever come to Melbourne, let me know mate, you got slab of beer for this :D
grunf

Postby iller on Sat, 09 Jun 2018 9:35 +0000

GleamingShadow wrote:
grunf wrote:Hi gents,

Not 100% sure which bit you want to do, the following to for setting up a manual regen button.

From Torque's main screen go to Realtime Information, that will take you to all your/the gauges etc.
Find a clear space and press and hold for a few seconds. A menu titled Item Options will appear, with the button below Add display, tap this.

You will be presented with a list of all available displays, scroll right to the bottom and you will see Push Button, tap this. It will then present another list of button types, you want Send OBD Command. Upon selecting this it will place the button on the screen, allowing you to position it where you want it, proceed to do so.

Once positioned, press and hold over the button for a few seconds, a menu will appear. Tap Display Configuration, then Set command to send.
In the following dialogue, enter: 30 29 06 01 01
Then tap OK.

After doing that, go back to the Display Configuration menu and tap Change title and name it "Regen" or something meaning.

If you just want to display DPF accumulation percentage then:

From the Torque homescreen, tap the Setting Cog in the lower left of the screen, followed by Settings.
Then from the following list choose Manage extra PIDs/Sensors. Then tap the overflow menu in the top right (3 vertically stacked dots), and choose Add custom PID.
You will be presented with the PID editor screen.
In the very first field enter: 2138
This is the DPF accumulation PID.
Under long name enter: DPF Accumulation
Short name: DPF.
Minimum Value: 0
Maximum Value: 100
Scale Factor: 1.0
Unit type: %
Equation: J*2

The tap OK.

Return to your gauges: Realtime Information.
Tap and hold, Add display. Choose whatever type of display you like that can display a number or a range.
Once you have selected a display, a list of sensors will show up. Look for "DPF Accumulation" or whatever you entered as its long name, and select it.
It will ask you for display size, choose what is appropriate for you.
You can then position the display as you wish.
And your done!

Thank you! Finally someone who know how to do proper instructions :D
iller

Postby grunf on Sun, 10 Jun 2018 3:12 +0000

I just set up my TorquePro app as per GleamingShadow instructions.
Everything worked perfectly.

I did manual burn because DPF level was showing 100% (maybe because I just set up an app/gauge?)

When I pressed the app button the car revs went from 850 to 1200 for about 2 minutes, then they jumped to 2000 revs (probably getting the exhaust temp up as the car was parked and not driven in the last couple hours).

Revs stayed at 2000 for about couple of minutes and then DPF level started dropping on the app gauge. Whilst the DPF level was dropping the revs went back to 1200. DPF level went down in 2% increments. (100, 98, 96, 94 ... and so on). It took about 14 minutes to reach 4% and then the revs went back to normal 850.

As soon as I pressed the DPF regeneration button on the app I saw the message on the car display "manual regeneration in process, please remove all flammable material ....". That message stayed for the duration of the regeneration (14 minutes) and then wen the revs went back to normal 850 the message just disappeared.

GleamingShadow again, huge thank you mate.

Is there a way of setting up the gauge on Torquepro app to see DPF temperature during the regeneration?
grunf

Postby iller on Mon, 11 Jun 2018 4:56 +0000

grunf wrote:Is there a way of setting up the gauge on Torquepro app to see DPF temperature during the regeneration?

Dpf temp should be in there somewhere, add a gauge just like you did but look for dpf temp, should be a default one.
iller

PreviousNext

Return to Engines