Anyone got pics of the 2.4 turbo?

Turbo, Manifolds, Exhaust, Intercooler, Internals etc

Anyone got pics of the 2.4 turbo?

Postby iller on Sat, 08 Apr 2017 12:48 +0000

Does anyone have any pics and or measurements of the 2.4 turbo?

Talked to Legendex about an exhaust but they are doing it for the 2.8 and wasn't sure it would fit the 2.4 so they asked for pictures of it.
iller

Re: Anyone got pics of the 2.4 turbo?

Postby The Electrician on Sat, 08 Apr 2017 7:22 +0000

If you are about to install a DPF back then I can assure you it will fit.

Here in Saudi Arabia we don't have the 2.8L option. Only 2.4L for diesel

I've installed 3" RedBack ExtremeDuty DPF back exhaust system for 2.8L on my 2016 SR5 Hilux GUN125 2.4L 4x4 double cab
The Electrician

Postby Festus uk on Sat, 08 Apr 2017 3:35 +0000

We only get the 2.4 here in the UK I'm sure the 2,8 is just a longer stroke version so externally its the same size and layout ,
However the Euro 6 for europe has Adblue so the DPF is on the side of the engine , but the downpipe
has the injector in it for the urea and then there is a pair of extra cats so if you were going to keep the emissions standard you would only be able to change the tail pipe ....
Festus uk

Postby iller on Sat, 08 Apr 2017 5:19 +0000

The Electrician wrote:If you are about to install a DPF back then I can assure you it will fit.

Here in Saudi Arabia we don't have the 2.8L option. Only 2.4L for diesel

I've installed 3" RedBack ExtremeDuty DPF back exhaust system for 2.8L on my 2016 SR5 Hilux GUN125 2.4L 4x4 double cab

Not quite sure what a dpf back is :D
iller

Postby iller on Sat, 08 Apr 2017 5:20 +0000

Festus uk wrote:We only get the 2.4 here in the UK I'm sure the 2,8 is just a longer stroke version so externally its the same size and layout ,
However the Euro 6 for europe has Adblue so the DPF is on the side of the engine , but the downpipe
has the injector in it for the urea and then there is a pair of extra cats so if you were going to keep the emissions standard you would only be able to change the tail pipe ....

Hmm that doesn't sound promising then :(
iller

Postby berniecam on Sat, 08 Apr 2017 6:14 +0000

Festus uk wrote:We only get the 2.4 here in the UK I'm sure the 2,8 is just a longer stroke version so externally its the same size and layout ,

Hi Festus uk. Interesting what you say about Adblue & urea injecting to conform for euro 6 emissions from what we are led to believe over here with that system added to the DPF( DPF only here at present time) the only emission coming out of the tail pipe is nitrogen gas & water vapour both already in large quantities in our atmosphere & relatively harmless sort of seems to good to be true, so looks like being 100% clean emission.
With that in view we have heard news reports in the last couple of days, That greater London is wanting to charge drivers of diesel vehicles a fee or tax because of the extreme toxins released by diesels. Petrol engines are exempt from this tax, so I am confused if that is the case & diesels fitted with Adblue & DPF are now 100% friendly the petrol engine is now the worst engine in the world & highest polluter. Would just like your comments on these matters & if that is the case. ;) ;) ;) CHEERS.
berniecam

Postby Festus uk on Sat, 08 Apr 2017 10:19 +0000

berniecam wrote:

Hi Festus uk. Interesting what you say about Adblue & urea injecting to conform for euro 6 emissions from what we are led to believe over here with that system added to the DPF( DPF only here at present time) the only emission coming out of the tail pipe is nitrogen gas & water vapour both already in large quantities in our atmosphere & relatively harmless sort of seems to good to be true, so looks like being 100% clean emission.
With that in view we have heard news reports in the last couple of days, That greater London is wanting to charge drivers of diesel vehicles a fee or tax because of the extreme toxins released by diesels. Petrol engines are exempt from this tax, so I am confused if that is the case & diesels fitted with Adblue & DPF are now 100% friendly the petrol engine is now the worst engine in the world & highest polluter. Would just like your comments on these matters & if that is the case. ;) ;) ;) CHEERS.

Hi There is a lot of talk about emissions fiddling since the VW lot were caught doing it , I think they have tested
a few so called clean EU5 vans and cars and found in slow speed town conditions they spew a lot more than the limits for the class !! the UREA is to reduce NOX and is on most EU6 stuff and is clean , the DPF was to reduce paticulates but the heath people are worried about NOX so it seems cities are looking to discourage older
small diesels which have been found to be worse than big trucks and busses ....I don't think petrol is perfect nor is the latest EU6 diesels but they are very close...
Festus uk

Return to Engines