Can't work out problem!

Can't work out problem!

Postby Lucus on Tue, 08 Aug 2023 5:06 +0000

Need help!!!!
n70 Hilux keys won't activate central locking but will register (with light flashing twice) only unlock 3 doors. Drivers door wont lock or unlock by remote, Drivers door can wind down all windows except drivers window, It's like drivers door is completely dead but can still wind down or up every other window. It doesn't lock the door or windows manually. (the little button). I feel i may have bumped some wires as i replaced the cb and the problems started. I have check the Number 13 fuse under dash and fuse 14 for remote in engine bay, both are fine.

If i lock driver door with key than click remote to lock nothing happen, but all the lights will flash once.

It was all working perfect before the cb.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Lucus

Re: Can't work out problem!

Postby Rob_Wood on Tue, 08 Aug 2023 9:53 +0000

When talking about "CB" I'm guessing you're discussing a UHF Radio, that said, one thing you might try is to undo EVERYTHING you did there and check the other system. If all is then good, then you should move forward in small steps., checking the door systems as you go. This way you will either discover the issue you inadvertently caused (bumped a plug loose or something), OR you will discover which of your steps has caused the other issues Using a switched power feed to the door as your supply to the UHF). Either way you know where to go next. If one of your steps has caused the problem then I'd suggest changing that step.
Please let us know how you go.
Rob_Wood

Re: Can't work out problem!

Postby mitch_893 on Fri, 11 Aug 2023 3:46 +0000

What model is it?

I know you’ve posted in N80. So I assume it’s that. But if it is an n70, I’ve seen a few with broken wires in the flex part of the drivers door loom.
06' D4D dual cab SR
Build thread

Cheers!
mitch_893

Return to Electrical