Park lights turning off cruise control

Park lights turning off cruise control

Postby Billy94 on Thu, 04 Aug 2022 3:44 +0000

Hey people, I got a gun126 Hilux, and it’s have a electrical issues I can’t work out,

So when I have the lights on auto, and I depress the break pedal, the park lights/ daytime running lights, come on.
Noticed this because it cuts out the cruise control.

Also the cruise control cuts out if I turn my lights on. Also with lights on auto, the cruise control cuts out if you cover the light sensor on the dash and the park lights come on.

If anyone Else has had this issue and fixed it, can you please let me know, and does anyone has any ideas where the break/park lights Circuit could be coming into contact with each other?
Billy94

Re: Park lights turning off cruise control

Postby Rob_Wood on Fri, 05 Aug 2022 4:32 +0000

Firstly "Turning Off" and "Disengaging" are two different states that the Cruise Control can be in. Just for arguments sake in this discussion I'll try to address "Disengaging" rather than turning off.

The first bit is easy, you touch the break pedal and the Cruise Control disengages. That's good and normal.

The Cruise Control disengaging when you turn the lights on is a little different. Although it's possible, this doesn't seem normal to me. It's possible that this is caused by some kind of earth feedback. If this is normal then it should only be a quick press of the button to re-engage the cruise control?
Rob_Wood

Postby numberplate on Fri, 05 Aug 2022 5:07 +0000

first place to look would be in the towbar plug , or trailer wiring harness . Unplug the trailer ECU and if the fault goes away its somewhere past that point
numberplate

Postby Billy94 on Sat, 06 Aug 2022 10:28 +0000

Yeah rob, disengaging, and it won’t let me reset, as long as the lights are on,
Yeah I had a good look at the wiring looms at the back of the car, going to the trailer plug and taillights, no obvious rubbing or chafing.
I will try disconnecting the ecu next.
Ta
Billy94

Postby Rob_Wood on Sat, 06 Aug 2022 7:22 +0000

Numberplate might know? There was another thread that discussed Cruise Control 7 Trailer Plugs. I am not sure it the issue was with damaged wiring? Sorry, can't think which thread it might have been.
Rob_Wood

Postby Toyanon on Mon, 08 Aug 2022 1:28 +0000

Corrosion in the trailer plug like others have suggested? Incorrect type of brake light globes? single vs double filament. Possible taillights back feeding to brake light switch.

Do the tail lights turn on the brake lights too?
Toyanon

Return to Electrical