2017 sr5 with abs and traction control lights on permanentl

2017 sr5 with abs and traction control lights on permanentl

Postby Peter kos on Sat, 30 Jul 2022 8:47 +0000

Problem of traction control and abs warning lights on as soon as truck is running,problem started as intermittent and gradually got worse to permanent.Abs on brakes seems to work ok.Mechanic did reset of fault but got a”communication link fault” he can’t figure it out so I hope someone has a good idea or first hand experience to help please.
Peter kos

Re: 2017 sr5 with abs and traction control lights on permane

Postby Myralga on Tue, 02 Aug 2022 7:49 +0000

Not on a 17 but on my 07 every time I had an issue like you described I had managed to destroy part (or plain rip completely off) the wiring on the rear axle going to the sensors.
This wire on your 17 is still pretty exposed.
So I would check the wiring and connections on the rear axle thoroughly.
Secondly will sound really stupid.
But have you had a long range fuel tank installed?
If yes it’s worth tracing the wires running along the chassis on the left hand side and making sure they are not pinched between tank and chassis (this sadly happens on the top of the tank when people don’t follow/read instructions and don’t pay attention)
If you do find a pinch chances are you have a damaged wires there somewhere causing intermittent issues. And worse you will likely need to drop the tank to repair the harness.
As the harness is large it could cause all sorts of issues from blown globe circuits, trailer plug faults, abs, diff lock, and fuel tank. All run through that harness so worth checking as it wouldn’t be the first one I heard of.

Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Myralga

Re: 2017 sr5 with abs and traction control lights on permane

Postby raili on Tue, 30 Aug 2022 5:39 +0000

...had a similar problem on my 2021: there has been water in my trailer receptacle and everything was corroding heavily.
Make everything dry, get the water out and it was working fine again...
Cheers, Raimund
Hilux MY 21 2,8D AT
raili

Return to Electrical