Factory Bull bar/factory light bar

Factory Bull bar/factory light bar

Postby jacm on Sun, 29 May 2022 4:01 +0000

Hi all

I have the factory bull bar with the light bar kit (dealer demo fitted). Fitting a winch needed a special cradle and number plate holder which flips up when using the winch.

The light bar sits beneath the main part of the bumper and now that the winch is fitted, when using it the number plate cover flips up until it hits the light bar - which stops it opening fully and can rub the cable. Who ever designed this solution is a genius....

Because this has the radar in the Toyota grill badge, my question is has anybody in the same situation just moved the light bar to sit on top of the bar but below the radar line of sight?

I know the other option is to hang the light bar from the top rail, but if you have a factory bar fitted you will know how hard it is to open the bonnet, adding the light bar will not help!

Any ideas out there?
jacm

Re: Factory Bull bar/factory light bar

Postby Rob_Wood on Sun, 29 May 2022 8:52 +0000

jacm wrote:Hi all

I have the factory bull bar with the light bar kit (dealer demo fitted). Fitting a winch needed a special cradle and number plate holder which flips up when using the winch.

The light bar sits beneath the main part of the bumper and now that the winch is fitted, when using it the number plate cover flips up until it hits the light bar - which stops it opening fully and can rub the cable. Who ever designed this solution is a genius....

Because this has the radar in the Toyota grill badge, my question is has anybody in the same situation just moved the light bar to sit on top of the bar but below the radar line of sight?

I know the other option is to hang the light bar from the top rail, but if you have a factory bar fitted you will know how hard it is to open the bonnet, adding the light bar will not help!

Any ideas out there?

"Factory Fitted" or "Toyota Genuine" would generally indicate some kind of "backup" by Toyota. If your issue is a design flaw, then I would imagine that Toyota would like to know about it regardless of any warranty period.
Never hurts to "Just Ask" your local dealer what they think of the issue, maybe they even have a solution already developed?
Rob_Wood

Return to Electrical