T-Tap reverse light in Gen8 Hilux DC

T-Tap reverse light in Gen8 Hilux DC

Postby Roos on Wed, 04 May 2022 7:01 +0000

Hi,

My wife and I bought an RHD 2019 Hilux DC. I made a wireless Rearview camera. To activate the screen I need a (in this case a Bluetooth Low Energy) trigger. I am not able to use a T-Tap at the rear of the car. Junctions/connectors in the cabin would be way more convenient.

I did see al the tricks and photos for a rearview camera on older models. The 'Red-White wire under the kickpanel" being the most used place.

I do have a Gen8 wiring diagram. It says that "G63 connector" has the backup light for the 2016-onwards models.

My question:

- If the G63 connector is the best place, were is it :-)
- Will there be problems (errors) tapping into here, because of the CAN system the GEN8 has.
- Is there a better place to tap into ?

Hope one of you can shed some light.

Regards,
Roos
Roos

Re: T-Tap reverse light in Gen8 Hilux DC

Postby numberplate on Thu, 05 May 2022 5:01 +0000

according to the diagrams i have ( 2016 ) the reverse lights are not canbus , they are a normal on/off switch at the gear lever inside the console. it shows a pink wire going in ( from the fuse ) and red wire coming out of the switch. I cant find the G63 connector , that might be on LHD models. RHD is marked as GN1.
I would say the G63 has to be under the kickpanel , a large white squarish connector with a large central round pin.
numberplate

Re: T-Tap reverse light in Gen8 Hilux DC

Postby Roos on Thu, 05 May 2022 4:07 +0000

numberplate wrote:according to the diagrams i have ( 2016 ) the reverse lights are not canbus , they are a normal on/off switch at the gear lever inside the console. it shows a pink wire going in ( from the fuse ) and red wire coming out of the switch. I cant find the G63 connector , that might be on LHD models. RHD is marked as GN1.
I would say the G63 has to be under the kickpanel , a large white squarish connector with a large central round pin.

I can't wish for more detailed info to go forward. That 'not being part of the can bus' was something I did not see :roll:

Thanks a lot !
Roos

Return to Electrical