Strange Gauge Behaviour/Warning Lights

Strange Gauge Behaviour/Warning Lights

Postby Twototangotones on Wed, 02 Feb 2022 6:17 +0000

Hi Guys,

Driving along at 100km/hr this morning and the following happened at the same time:

- ABS Lights illuminated

- Traction Control Light illuminated

- Tachometer jumped from 1500rpm - 0 a few times over 5s

- Handbrake indicator illuminated sporadically a few times over 5s

-Cruise disconnected

Following this, the ABS and Traction lights stayed illuminated until pulled over, turned off engine and ignition and lights stayed off.

OBDII Reader, did not show any stored faults in the ECU (Using Torque PRO), and check engine light did not illuminate.

The road was a little damp, but definitely no aquaplaning/puddles - also has brand new tyres of same factory size.

Does anyone have an idea of what the heck happened?
Twototangotones

Re: Strange Gauge Behaviour/Warning Lights

Postby Bushwalker8 on Wed, 02 Feb 2022 7:17 +0000

Don't overlook the Torque Pro & adapter as a possibility
There are documented examples across various vehicles and circumstances where the adapter can vomited rubbish into the bus and confuse everything with same results.
Happened to me a couple of times in my Subaru Outback, a large number of fault lights came up and even lost the power steering. And that was with a good quality OBDLinkLX adapter.
Since changing to UltraGuage it's been rock solid, as has the ScanGuage and now UltraGuage in the Hilux.
Bushwalker8

Re: Strange Gauge Behaviour/Warning Lights

Postby Mulga on Mon, 20 Jun 2022 7:35 +0000

Maybe unrelated. I installed a snorkel the other week. I disconnected the electric plug to the airbox for the install for whatever reason :roll: Anyhow on first startup just about every warning light lit up and had a display advising me to go to the dealer post haste. I cleared the faults with an OBDlink and haven't had a problem since :D .
2022 SR5, very vanilla. Actually silver but no mods or accessories worth mentioning.
Mulga

Return to Electrical