Headlight Malfunction - High Beam Piggyback Adaptor

Headlight Malfunction - High Beam Piggyback Adaptor

Postby lucky country on Tue, 09 Mar 2021 9:56 +0000

I have just fitted a Stedi light bar to my 2020 SR5 using Stedi wiring harness and high beam piggyback adaptor BUT instantly receive a 'headlight malfunction' error on the dash once I start the car. I have the adaptor fitted to the passenger side and along with the error, the headlight also does not work. All of this is with just the adaptor fitted, without the relay harness even attached to it. I swapped over to the drivers light, but no difference. The light bar works with the high beam when I plug it all in. The error clears and the headlight works normally when I remove the piggyback adaptor. Has anybody else experienced this or something similar? If so, what is the fix please?
lucky country

Re: Headlight Malfunction - High Beam Piggyback Adaptor

Postby lucky country on Tue, 09 Mar 2021 2:43 +0000

lucky country wrote:I have just fitted a Stedi light bar to my 2020 SR5 using Stedi wiring harness and high beam piggyback adaptor BUT instantly receive a 'headlight malfunction' error on the dash once I start the car. I have the adaptor fitted to the passenger side and along with the error, the headlight also does not work. All of this is with just the adaptor fitted, without the relay harness even attached to it. I swapped over to the drivers light, but no difference. The light bar works with the high beam when I plug it all in. The error clears and the headlight works normally when I remove the piggyback adaptor. Has anybody else experienced this or something similar? If so, what is the fix please?

Case closed. Turns out it was a dodgy wire in the adaptor. Soldered the wire into the terminal and all is working as advertised.
lucky country

Re: Headlight Malfunction - High Beam Piggyback Adaptor

Postby mattwhite on Tue, 11 May 2021 4:32 +0000

lucky country wrote:
lucky country wrote:I have just fitted a Stedi light bar to my 2020 SR5 using Stedi wiring harness and high beam piggyback adaptor BUT instantly receive a 'headlight malfunction' error on the dash once I start the car. I have the adaptor fitted to the passenger side and along with the error, the headlight also does not work. All of this is with just the adaptor fitted, without the relay harness even attached to it. I swapped over to the drivers light, but no difference. The light bar works with the high beam when I plug it all in. The error clears and the headlight works normally when I remove the piggyback adaptor. Has anybody else experienced this or something similar? If so, what is the fix please?

Case closed. Turns out it was a dodgy wire in the adaptor. Soldered the wire into the terminal and all is working as advertised.
Good feedback for others mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mattwhite

Return to Electrical