Trouble Wiring Bullbar Indicators

Trouble Wiring Bullbar Indicators

Postby Maxee98 on Mon, 04 May 2020 9:13 +0000

Hi guys,
This is my first post here. I’ve had a good look but couldn’t seem to find the right info anywhere.
I’ve got a 2016 SR dual cab. I bought it with a factory Toyota bullbar fitted, and I recently swapped that out for an ARB summit bar that I picked up second hand. I have fitted the bar with no issues, but can’t seem to get the indicator wiring right.
So, the factory bullbar had indicator lights in it. So I originally thought I would be able to plug the new indicators on the ARB bar straight into the existent loom. But the ARB indicators have to plug on the end of the wires. Also, the ARB indicators have 3 wires coming out of it (red, black, white). But the existing wiring loom has 4 wires (brown, white, 2x green).
After a lot of testing and fiddling around with the wires, I thought I worked it out. So I soldered and heatshrinked each of the wires as follows;
Loom: Indicator:
Brown - black
White - red
Green x2 - white (I wired both of the two green wires into the one white wire)

So this is what I don’t understand; when I turn the car on to Accessories, and flick on my hazard lights, the indicators work. As soon as I turn the ignition on, the bullbar indicators turn off. All other headlights and indicators on the car work as per usual. But the Bullbar indicators will only work when the car is switched to accessories only.
Has anybody experienced anything similar? Or has anybody got an idea about what the problem could be?
I hope I have provided enough detail but let me know if there’s anything I’ve missed! Thanks I’m advance guys! Cheers
Maxee98

Return to Electrical