G'day Guys,
Have an SR5 so more switches to start with, adding:
Batt Voltage
Aux Batt Switch
Reverse Switch
Compressor Switch
Investor Switch &
UHF RJ45

I have no spaces left in either center or dash set left. How are others dealing with needing more switch spaces, has anyone see any add on options like lightforce make for the rangers etc.
2018 Dual Cab Hilux SR5+
Stephen.Coff

Re: Additional Switch Plate

Postby Myralga on Sat, 23 Feb 2019 8:15 +0000

Two options for you.

First if you love switches is to get switches like the ones from lightforce that are a dual switch so effectively you are switching two items from the one blank. I think there are some company’s out there that offer the ability to customize the faces on them just gotta ask. (Maybe lightforce, Stedi, Air On Board)

Second option is some sort of digital display like the ARB Linx system.

I have the later and through it I switch on and off and monitor the following:

HID spotties
LED spotties
LED lightbar
Water pump
Reverse lights
Camp lights
Winch isolator
Compressor on/off
Compressor pressure control
Primary bat voltage
Secondary bat voltage

I could if I installed them, operate front and rear lockers from the device too.
And soon the option to have tire pressure monitoring will also be available I’m told.

I literally have it on the dash the only switch blanks I replaced was one for a twin USB (off the secondary battery) and a RJ 45 pass through connector for the UHF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Myralga

Postby TOYZX on Sun, 24 Feb 2019 9:04 +0000

Option three, build a roof console.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
TOYZX

Postby Hutchyman80 on Sun, 24 Feb 2019 12:19 +0000

Can also make a custom switch board mounted somewhere else in the cab. Could be in the centre console, roof console, even in the door trim, you’re only limited to your imagination.
The more fuel I use, the more fun I have!
Hutchyman80

Postby Stephen.Coff on Mon, 25 Feb 2019 10:11 +0000

Cheers guys.
So gathering no one is aware of any pre-made bolt on additional switch plate mounts then.

https://customswitches.com.au/product-category/fascias/
2018 Dual Cab Hilux SR5+
Stephen.Coff

Postby Spitfia on Mon, 25 Feb 2019 4:40 +0000

The ivestors might be able to chip in
YOU LOOKIN AT MY EYE?!!!
MY10 2011 SR Hilux DC, Steinbauer Module, 2" lift, BFG AT 265/75R16 etc. etc. etc.
Spitfia

Postby William_Foster on Mon, 25 Feb 2019 5:34 +0000

I am not a fan of the system, but ARB have the new Linx product that may be of assistance to you. It would certainly work for the majority of options you have mentioned.
2013 Toyota Hilux SR5
4x4 Manual Diesel
William_Foster

Postby Stephen.Coff on Mon, 25 Feb 2019 6:25 +0000

Not interested in the ARB option.
1. A large expense to purely provide in some cases a little more adjustments though for the most part simply a localised interface.
2. It requires the use of your mobile. I have my phone already mounted down low off a ram mount & if using for such it would be practical to be up near eye height for visibility & use. The next concern is legal use of the phone.

Hence I'll pass and assume no one's aware of any add on facias
2018 Dual Cab Hilux SR5+
Stephen.Coff

Postby William_Foster on Mon, 25 Feb 2019 7:53 +0000

Maybe give Minecorp a call (1300 922 881), they have on there website some options for the Ford Ranger (https://minecorp.com.au/products/ford-p ... ng-system/). Generally they supply similar options for all the vehicles used in the mining industry including the standard Toyota models like the Hilux, Prado and Landcruiser.
2013 Toyota Hilux SR5
4x4 Manual Diesel
William_Foster

Postby Myralga on Tue, 26 Feb 2019 6:36 +0000

Just in regards to the Linx. I understand you don’t want it and all good. Just gonna clarify a couple of points you made.

It’s not on your phone. It is a separate Interface altogether. So you could mount it anywhere you wish. As it is a stand alone device. I personally have mine mounted on a click on mount just above The radio. ARB’s Mount runs off the A-Pillar (but I already had the phone there) as you said I wanted somewhere easy to see etc.
In regards to legality of use. I asked this exact question and was told it is not a phone and is just another screen like your radio display. (although I am waiting to put this past a true police officer) and ARB did do a lot of ground work on this front before bringing it to market. But the rules are always changing.

As for other pre made switch fascias. I don’t know if anything Hilux specific but generic ones are a dime a dozen.
Baintech make some but most have a cig socket or two in them. But the cigs could be pulled out to replace with voltage displays etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Myralga

Postby Stephen.Coff on Sun, 10 Mar 2019 9:51 +0000

Myralga,
Thanks for the response.
In regards to mounting location I believe you have 3x legislation concerns, these are:
1. Display can't be in direct line of sight for driver.
2. Pillar is in the head impact zone.
3. Displays being in view of other drivers.

I was of the understanding the Linx doesn't have it's own display so I'll look into that further though eitherway I'm sure it'll be one hard to argue even if is it's own display & a Police man or camera thinking on your phone.

Whilst I love gadgets and tech, I really just can't justify the $ for the interface versus switches.

I'll be sure to look up the switch plates though to date have found some for older Hiluxes and new Rangers etc but nothing for new Hiluxes.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
2018 Dual Cab Hilux SR5+
Stephen.Coff

Return to Electrical