High beam globe replacement recommendations

High beam globe replacement recommendations

Postby Diceman on Sun, 27 May 2018 7:10 +0000

Can anyone shed some light on why Toyota fit a normal yellow high beam globe on the new Hilux?
I find it strange that with the LED headlights they have stuck with the old color high beam globe.
I'd really like to change the high beam globes to something brighter and more matching to the headlight color.
For those of you that have changed them to an LED white, can you please post the ones that you used so I can change over to achieve a similar light color to the LED headlights.
I have looked at some previous posts, but the links to some of those LED's don't work any more, and for some reason it appears that some of the 2017 globes don't fit the 2018 headlights which seems strange.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Diceman

Re: High beam globe replacement recommendations

Postby Myralga on Sun, 27 May 2018 1:53 +0000

Primary reason would simply be they are made to a $ value. Remember led does not penetrate fog and dust etc as well as traditional halogen globes. And yellow light is easier on the eyes long term night driving.

Ask anyone who spends long periods behind the wheel at night. You want a warm yellow light to minimize fatigue. Easiest way to get this is halogen globes they give a colour around 4700k. Hid and led are often higher on the colour range and give the cool sharp light (5000k plus)

And don’t get me wrong I use a combo but I use a expensive yellow hid spot with combo of led back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Myralga

Return to Electrical