Solution to lack of switch spaces in SR5

Postby Kellyo on Sun, 01 Apr 2018 9:18 +0000

Not sure about others, but I found that the SR5 is very light on for switch space without cutting holes.
I have driving lights, light bars, camp lights, underbody rock lights, reverse lights, winch isolator, compressor and soon air locker switches to go in. As you know, there is not enough blank switch places for all of these switches.

To fix this, I just installed the new device from ARB. It’s called Linx, it’s basically an electronic switching interface and it frees up switch space, something the SR5 is severely short on.

I connected up driving lights, led light bar, camp lights on roof rack, rock lights under car, winch isolator solenoid and reverse lights.
In addition to this I have installed and connected my compressor freeing up another switch space, and with the addition of the compressor pressure regulator, it functions like the air at the service station, you dial in a pressure, connect the hose and let it do it’s job.
When I get th front diff lock it will also work through the Linx.
I also used the spare space inside the fuel filler to install the airline outlet, fits nicely and one length of air hose makes it to all four wheels.

I’ve a,so just installed a new iPad mount from Industrial Revolution, it’s very sturdy and also gave me somewhere to mount the Linx controller.
Pictures are in my shed as I couldn’t upload to this post.

Cheers.
Kellyo

Re: Solution to lack of switch spaces in SR5

Postby creaky on Sun, 01 Apr 2018 12:16 +0000

What was the damage on that Lynx setup, assuming you already had the other equipment installed ? Fit yourself and just wire up the switching wires to a control box setup process ?
creaky

Postby corym on Sun, 01 Apr 2018 7:06 +0000

Another option is to use lightforce dual switches in custom layouts so you can have two accessories in each spot.
corym

Postby patl1 on Tue, 03 Apr 2018 5:11 +0000

This very much will be the future, very cool.
patl1

Postby Tomm081 on Sun, 15 Apr 2018 2:18 +0000

I installed a Linx as well. Easy to install yourself, with or without gear already in. I reckon it’s great. Also acts as a volt meter for up to 3 batteries. Dam ang is $800 for the unit, $20 for the a pillar mount, $250 I think for the pressure regulator module (handy but not vital) and $150 for the air bag pressure controller -again, handy but not vital. If doing a new build I would definitely go for it.
Tomm081

Postby Stephen.Coff on Thu, 21 Jun 2018 8:45 +0000

What's the user interface like.
Does it only work with ARB lights etc or anything?
Can you relabeled lights?
2018 Dual Cab Hilux SR5+
Stephen.Coff

Postby Myralga on Thu, 21 Jun 2018 9:09 +0000

Stephen.Coff wrote:What's the user interface like.
Does it only work with ARB lights etc or anything?
Can you relabeled lights?

Works with any relay activated circuit (up to 6)
I have
HTX HID
HTX LED
STEDI LIGHTBAR
WATER PUMP
REVERSE/CAMP LIGHTS
WINCH ISOLATOR

all custom labeled. All set up to presets (high beam, reverse etc.)

For a new build it just makes it clean.

I also used a clic on (hold my phone) mount and just unscrewed the magnetic base from the swivel. Allowing for a more sleeker mount. As I already had the phone set up on A-Pillar.

Pic for ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Myralga

Return to Electrical