Show me your dual battery setups!

Show me your dual battery setups!

Postby Laverty on Fri, 22 Sep 2017 8:14 +0000

Hi all,

I've read through most of the dual batteries for dummies thread. Hoping to get a bit more specific to the newer HiLux. Can you guys please post up photos of your dual battery setups in the new lux?

I am planning to go a dc-dc charger, probably the redarc. ARB mentioned they mount theres up behind the front grille for airflow to help keep temps cooler. Anyone done similiar? Also wondering what brand/make battery bracket fits easy.

Thanks guys
Laverty

Re: Show me your dual battery setups!

Postby DanAnthem on Fri, 22 Sep 2017 4:06 +0000

Don't have access to photos right now but I'll explain my setup.

I have a standard crank battery to which goes to an adventure kings isolator (This is to charge aux batteries only when crank battery is above 12.8 volts).
From there I run a cable to my tray which cuts into an anderson plug earthed to the chassis.
From my lift off canopy I have an anderson plug which plugs into the first one and goes to my arcpak 730 battery box which houses an AGM 100aH Deep cycle, the battery box has a smart charger built in as which then charges my second aux battery being a 105aH Deep cycle.
I recommend the arcpak if you have a canopy, portable and camparable price compared to dc-dc chargers but includes an inverter and 12v/usb sockets
DanAnthem

Re: Show me your dual battery setups!

Postby Laverty on Fri, 22 Sep 2017 5:40 +0000

The arcpak looks like a good idea. I have considered having a removable setup in the tub so I can swap it in to my old solid axle hilux for boys trips. Also looks like a reasonably priced solution too.
Laverty

Return to Electrical